Connor Hughes vs DWC

Irish Jet

13 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

what's lamer?  his life or spending 30 minutes listening about his life?

that being said, i did spend 10 minutes to see if his wife is hot.  she's okay.  definitely not hot.

Listening about his life… I’m sure he’s happy as a clam with his job and wife…

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Two things can be true at once:

1. DWC is mentally ill.

2. Hughes is thin-skinned and tabloid-lame for making any response, much less that one.

3. Hughes was wrong, and has no answer for having been wrong. 

Can three things be true at once, though?  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, TommyT said:

DWC is the one who is clueless. If we call out everyone who left the Jets for dead we would be the beat writer taking the blows. It is a process and we always have to prove it on the field.

Then that would be a reasonable measured response from Hughes, instead he blathers on about how great a job, wife, life he has as if any of that has a bearing on his football judgements.  If you are wrong or have misjudged things then admit and restore credibility.

• Upvote 3

It’s nice to see how the anelasmas of JN take almost some sense of ownership/parental pride/sentimentality for @DWC1985 - kinda like Dr. Victor Frankenstein or Gottfried Vanger - in that it created and contributed to the modern day Twitter/Internet monster troll that is DWC; and the fact that his banishment from the bowels of JN catapulted him to rage all the more on Twitter against Jets beat writers. Hilarious yet also heart-warmingly touching and just in time for the holidays. Lol

• Haha 1

Hughes should have either ignored it completely or simply left it at "I get a paycheck to voice my opinion" which is 100% true.  He has to make a prediction on the season because that is part of his job.  So he was wrong.  Big whoop, it happens to everyone.

FWIW, before the season began, the majority of this board said that a 6 win season would be a success.  So yeah, not far off from what Hughes was saying as well.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Hughes should have either ignored it completely or simply left it at "I get a paycheck to voice my opinion" which is 100% true.  He has to make a prediction on the season because that is part of his job.  So he was wrong.  Big whoop, it happens to everyone.

FWIW, before the season began, the majority of this board said that a 6 win season would be a success.  So yeah, not far off from what Hughes was saying as well.

Probably should have ignored it, but chances are, this was not his first run in with DWC. As any of us who got to know DWC around here, he does not let up.  If he had an opinion, he was right, the rest of the world was wrong and he was not going to stop pushing it.  I cannot imagine this was the first time that he went after Connor, who did not do anything most of us have not done at some point on this board.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Nobody would blame Hughes for continuing to ignore DWC but responding like that when challenged to defend his earlier position is petty and proves DWC right. It would have been so easy to say the way the team looked then and how it looks now is totally different and unexpected to most people and give Saleh credit.