Jets OC interviews (Merged OC Candidates Thread)

Larz

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Rodgers just said he wouldn't be part of a rebuild

the Jets are better than they were last year but they aren't a contender 

This team contends with average to above average QB play.  We certainly didn't have that in 2022.

FTR:  No thank to Rodgers.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

The brilliant idea was to fire Lafleur with any concrete idea what the alternatives might be. There was no thinking this all through. RWetaining Lafleur would have been proferabelt to this new game of musical chais. whe  the music stops, youe can be assured the jets don't have a chair. they'll end up with who ever is left to take their $. Like Nat Hackett.

Not good. 

Deleted

2 hours ago, WhartonJet said:

Rodgers paired with our defense makes the Jets a contender next year.  The Jets have enough at the skill positions with Garret Wilson, Breece Hall. and competent tight ends.  We could upgrade the OL in the offseason and be legit Superbowl contenders with Rodgers at QB

Ummmmm if Rogers had been on the Jets this year people would have said that we were a DANGEROUS TEAM and potentially SB Bound!

Some Folks out here as a result of Zach Wilson are PSTD victims and need to take a few months off.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

So at least half this board hated the idea of Bevell as OC bc of the Seattle Super Bowl call, his lack of success with Trevor Lawrence under Meyer, and bc he’s “Saleh’s buddy”.  

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say those same miserable folks will flood this thread with “this is woodys fault”, “we’re such a circus”, “we need to clean house to attract top OC candidates”, “no one wants to work with Zach” type of vitriol.  I’ll say by page 2, maybe 3, we will dip into those waters. 

so true

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, football guy said:

Hackett interviewing today. People with the Jets did not get the sense from agents that he would seek an offensive coordinator position right away but could be convinced to take on a coaching position. We’ll see where this one goes

As far as Reich, he’s focused on HC opportunities only right now

Really starting to like the idea of Patullo and maybe marrone as Ol/Run game coord @football guy but what do I know lol 

I like guys coming from the Eagles who turned a second round guy

into their starting QB. Time for the Fat, bald Bastid to stop saving

face by retaining his failed selections Zach, Mims, Becton, Mann,

C Davis,  A  Davis.

I want us take  a shot at our QB of the future from this draft on.

The first or the second picks wouldn't be too early for me

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I'm torn between voting this Post of the Week or giving it a Thumbs Down, because if you think it was going to take until page 2 or 3 for that to start you are sadly mistaken.

The eternal optimist in me gives people the benefit of the doubt too often.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Here are the numbers for a Rogers trade:

Rodgers currently has a salary cap charge of $31.6 million in 2023. $59.465 million of his $59.515 million salary for the year is already guaranteed. The Packers have the option to pay that salary out as a $58.3 million option bonus and a $1.165 million salary in order to drive his cap charge to the $31.6 million figure. The timing of the option works in the Packers favor for both trades and/or potential retirement as the official option decision does not have to happen until the start of the 2023 regular season.

For the team acquiring Rodgers they would be on the hook for the salary for the year. The cap charge would be $59,515,000 if they do not exercise his option and $15.79 million if they were to exercise the option. Rodgers has an injury guarantee of $49.25 million for 2024 but that does not become fully guaranteed until 5 days after the 2023 Super Bowl. If Rodgers was cut after 2023 it would cost the team $43.725 million on the 2024 cap. If he retired they could split that as $14.575 million in 2024 and $29.15 million in 2025 using a similar June 2nd date as mentioned above in the retirement option.

Roger contract if traded would have to be reworked or he will be back in GB and they won't have any players around him because of his cost to the team.....

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

This wasn’t unexpected. Bevell has enjoyed working on McDaniel’s staff and feels there is unfinished work with Tua. Also doesn’t want to keep jumping team-to-team every year

You had mentioned Monday night that Bevell was kind of leaning to staying put. Good call. You think we may have our guy already?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, football guy said:

This wasn’t unexpected. Bevell has enjoyed working on McDaniel’s staff and feels there is unfinished work with Tua. Also doesn’t want to keep jumping team-to-team every year

I believe you even said this exact thing earlier this week (for the haters and doubters out there).

I think New England interviewing Nick Carey is a good sign....because for the average fan looking at him + New England's current need for an OC, if they don't even consider him....then what are we doing.

I feel like if we end up with Casey we will need a senior offensive assistant with QB coach and play calling experience. I can't see Saleh and Douglas hitching their careers only with a first time coordinator, especially after what just happening with LaFleur.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, football guy said:

He would have been a pretty big loss for the fins. His work with Tua was very apparent this year...

I think he's in his comfort zone now...of course thinks change.