What are your biggest ?s when you look at the 2023 Jets?

We know injuries can derail a promising season, as they did last year, but stripping this out for a minute, what are the biggest question marks that could define this upcoming season?

My own top 5.

1. Is Aaron Rodgers closer to his 2021 MVP form or his 2022 down year?

positives:  healthy throwing thumb, #1 WR, OC he has had a lot of success with, seemingly happy & motivated

negatives:  another year older 

2. How quickly will Breece hall recover from last year’s injury?

3. How many players take the next step up?  Not just the 2022 rookie class but 2021-2022 free agents & draft picks who now have a real QB & are in their 2nd or 3rd year in the system? 

4. What will the finished OL recipe for taste like?  Lots of new ingredients but not a lot of clarity just yet

5. Are guys like Tony Adams & Jamien Sherwood ready for prime time?

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

We know injuries can derail a promising season, as they did last year, but stripping this out for a minute, what are the biggest question marks that could define this upcoming season?

My own top 5.

positives:  healthy throwing thumb, #1 WR, OC he has had a lot of success with, seemingly happy & motivated

3. How many players take the next step up?  Not just the 2022 rookie class but 2021-2022 free agents & draft picks who now have a real QB & are in their 2nd or 3rd year in the system? 

4. What will the finished OL recipe for taste like?  Lots of new ingredients but not a lot of clarity just yet

1 - well a little inbetween even his "bad" year played pretty damn good. So I think you are looking at a 4k 35+ TD season. Basically the best season we have ever had. better than Joe and Fitz...although if Joe had played 18 games in his early season..but anyway moving on

2 - Hall shoudl be able to go aroudn week 5 or 6 at full speed, but his injury is terrible and we dont know if he will ever get back to where he was. I am under the belief that doctors and his tteam did it right and will take snaps early and will be a difference maker from day 1

3 - reposrt have guys steppoing up everywhere, but i think you will see that carl lawson and some other unheralded def guys are going to show up. along with Becton finally completing a season and winning the starting job,.

4 - Becton back and startign is gonig to be the key

5 I dont know but there are the guys and people like knight and Q will that i see growing and contributing on a bigger level.

• Upvote 1

1. Will Rodgers eventually get pissed off at Saleh and say “**** this”?

2. How soon can Tippman start, because McGovern is a QB killer.

3. Will they squeeze anything out of Becton or does he get blackballed, and how soon?

4. How does Will McDonald adjust to the wide-9?

5. Will the Bills fade and does Diggs punch Josh Allen? What week does Tua go down? When does Mac Jones get benched? 

• Upvote 3

1) OL, OL, OL - first and foremost. I could see that unit being anywhere from below average to very good. Lots of question marks - Becton, Tomlinson rebounding, Tippman, Mitchell. 

2) Will the defense regress to the mean or continue to be an elite unit? 

3) Is Robert Saleh capable of steering this ship? Can he be an average (or better) head coach? 

4) how will this team handle high expectations? A few players have already said they are excited to have a target placed on their backs. Do they mean it? Are they really ready to stand up to the heat?

5) How many significant players will we lose to injury? 

Rodgers isn’t on my list. I sense he’s highly motivated to play well in year one here. I think he’ll at least be “good” 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

3. Will they squeeze anything out of Becton or does he get blackballed, and how soon?

5. Will the Bills fade and does Diggs punch Josh Allen? What week does Tua go down? When does Mac Jones get benched? 

After finding out Zach bops his mom. 

Preseason Game 1 - 1st Q

Defintelty will. Despite his new look,  There’s a lot of pancake juice to squeeze out. 

No worries. There’s room for 10 on NFL benches. 

See answer to Question 2

• Haha 3

1.  Can this team stop the run?   I am concerned about the second DT position and our LB's.

2. Can the defense take the the next step this season or do they take a step back?

3. When do we get concerned about the Duane Brown injury?  Like everyone, concerned about Bectons durability and going into season without Brown and potentially starting Billy Turner & Max Mitchell doesnt exactly give me good vibes 

4. Can the WR room overcome an injury to GW or AL?

5. How long will it take Breece to get back to top form and not overload him early in the season?

6. will all the prime time games and additional scrutiny wear this team down over the season?

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I like your #5.   It’s not just questions with the Jets but our competition that can make a big impact.

• Upvote 1

maybe im a little bias also being a Mets fan but my #1 ?? is how will our 40 yr old QB be. the ones the Mets have are ok right now. an OK Rodgers is not good.

#2. who is the real QW. the really good 2022 or the disappointing 2021. players have a tendency to play better when its time for a new contract. 

#3. the defense. just because we were really good last year doesnt mean we will be this year.

#4 of course the OL. seems to be a concern every year.

• Upvote 3

1.  Now that the Jets have an NFL offense will it affect their defense performance.  What I mean opposing  teams could be very conservative on offense last year because don’t make a mistake and you’re going to win the game. ( Jets offense was brutal)   Is the Jets defense as good as people make it out to be .  Going to find out. .

2. when next pandemic gets here .  Will a Rodgers take the shot .   see K Irving ( can’t play in Nj home games) that’s possible eight games of  Z Wilson playing eight games. 

3. Can a Rodgers survive with Tippman  starting week one . Ed Oliver speed will give Tillman nightmares.

4. can a Rodgers play Qb and coach the Jets . 

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

1. How am I going to convince Mrs. McCockinner to spend 10K per ticket on Superbowl?

Tell her it’s investment gold.

2. How much kindling will I need to burn my Sam Darnold jersey prior to flying to Arizona to watch him start for the Niners vs. the Jets?

Trick question. The answer is none because Darnold gets burned nearly every game.

3. Why TF do most of you still not realize we are the dragon?

Null.

4. What should we nick name the 2020's Jets dynasty?

The NY Zach Exchanged

5. Will Aaron Rodgers play 3 or 4 seasons  before handing the reigns of the dynasty over to Zach Wilson to continue the run?

If he wins a ring this year, 1. If not (and the season isn’t a train wreck) 2.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Im worried about the early part of the season.  Not only is the schedule brutal, but we have a new qb, new offensive coordinater, and so much youth its scary.  Young teams tend to suck early, flash midseason, and fizzle late.

The problem is we can't afford to suck early..  Not in the AFCE!  This will be all about coaching, and Saleh will have to earn his keep this year..

Lot of questions. A lot. Too many.  Just a few,

Will we get in playoffs? Win the division for first time since (have we ever won the division?)

Who plays LT? 

Who plays RT. 

If they want Brown at LT, does Becton get traded or benched if he makes a stink about it?   

Does L Tomlinson get benched if he flounders again and if so, who plays LG?

When does Tipmann take over for McGovern? What will they do with Corey Davis? 

Will Rodgers thumb be fully healed?

What will the final LB lineup look like? Its a mess right now.

Where is @joewilly12 ?

When will @T0mShane star in Joker 2?

Where did @Maxman buy that cool looking hat? 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

My own top 5.

My top 5 is much different than yours with the exception of your #4.

1. Your #4.

2. Will the Jets run defense be more vulnerable now that we have lost Kwan Alexander at LB, and Rankins and Nathan Shepherd?  I am concerned that we have not properly addressed the losses.

3. Have the Jets addressed the safety position enough?  The personnel was not upgraded during the offseason, and the question remains, "who will step up this year, if anybody?"

4. The Jets spent lots of money on the tight end position last year, and drafted Ruckert in the 4th round last year, and an interesting prospect in the 7th round this year.  Will the Jets finally get the production they need from the tight end position this year?

5. Outside of our wr Wilson, who will step up this year at the wide receiver position?  Will Davis stay healthy?  Will Lazard be a true #2 receiver?  Will Mims make the team, and be a viable option?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Alka said:

My top 5 is much different than yours with the exception of your #4.

1. Your #4.

2. Will the Jets run defense be more vulnerable now that we have lost Kwan Alexander at LB, and Rankins and Nathan Shepherd?  I am concerned that we have not properly addressed the losses.

3. Have the Jets addressed the safety position enough?  The personnel was not upgraded during the offseason, and the question remains, "who will step up this year, if anybody?"

4. The Jets spent lots of money on the tight end position last year, and drafted Ruckert in the 4th round last year, and an interesting prospect in the 7th round this year.  Will the Jets finally get the production they need from the tight end position this year?

5. Outside of our wr Wilson, who will step up this year at the wide receiver position?  Will Davis stay healthy?  Will Lazard be a true #2 receiver?  Will Mims make the team, and be a viable option?

Another great take, #1, #2 and #3