The Dreaded C Word(s): Cancer and Chemo

Maxman

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Maxman said:

Well I mentioned it before but the dreaded C words have struck again. My wife Lauren was diagnosed with cancer again and she starts chemotherapy today. She will have treatments over the next 12 weeks. Cancer and chemotherapy, never fun but she was successful two years ago and the outcome will be the same this time.

She has an excellent prognosis, top team of oncologists who have a great plan on how to beat this and then prevent it from ever happening again. She had surgery last month and is fully recovered. So the waiting ends, bring on the chemo.

Thanks everyone for the support and all the well wishes. Sorry I haven't been around much lately. But I am looking forward to football season starting to provide a nice distraction from the stress that real life brings sometimes.

Your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.

Wow, so sorry to hear. I will keep your wife in my payers

Thinking of you and your family, Phil.   Thoughts and prayers headed your way from thousands of people who may have never met you, but you are part of our daily lives.

Kick it's ass - and know that we've all got your backs.

Thank you so much for all the thoughts and prayers. It helps so much, JetNation is my extended family. So thank you all!

Day one of chemo is done, she did great. 12 weeks and then chemo is over. Insert Bart Scott "can't wait" smiley here.

Cancer sucks. But this process has given us an even greater appreciation for life and the gift that each day really is!

On 7/12/2016 at 0:58 AM, Maxman said:

Well I mentioned it before but the dreaded C words have struck again. My wife Lauren was diagnosed with cancer again and she starts chemotherapy today. She will have treatments over the next 12 weeks. Cancer and chemotherapy, never fun but she was successful two years ago and the outcome will be the same this time.

She has an excellent prognosis, top team of oncologists who have a great plan on how to beat this and then prevent it from ever happening again. She had surgery last month and is fully recovered. So the waiting ends, bring on the chemo.

Thanks everyone for the support and all the well wishes. Sorry I haven't been around much lately. But I am looking forward to football season starting to provide a nice distraction from the stress that real life brings sometimes.

I wish you and your family the best to get through this tough time.

When I had my cancer, my Dr. at Duke told my family that making me laugh (they told me a bit later in recovery) was a great % improvement indicator. So I know it's tough with what she has been through, but try and keep her smiling, whether it be corny jokes, showing up with food on your face, whatever. The name Lauren is silently thought in my mind every night as I speak to who I feel is a presence in my life.

My guess, Phil, with the Cheeseburgers etc, Lauren will be sending posts out in 10 years asking us for prayers for YOU as you have a stent put in for the 5 Guys fat build up in arteries ;) Her current thread will be longer than yours in 10 years. Just saying;) ,,,,,,,,,,,, May God Bless,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

On July 11, 2016 at 10:58 PM, Maxman said:

Prayers going out to you and your wife. Optimism in this situation is real because my friend has had cancer multiple times and just announced she is cancer free for the first time in a loooonnnggg time!

Lauren and the rest of the Sullivan Clan will continue kick cancer in the teeth until all traces of it are gone. 

Prayers out to y'all for strength to accomplish this - I know you have the courage.

Archived