Did you ever root for the TB12 Patriots in a Superbowl?

TuscanyTile2

There used to be many aspects of human society that have been rejected by today's generations, some good, some not so much. Positive ones like etiquette, art culture, acceptance of other points of view, respect for privacy and general decency are among those that have disappeared from the mainstream. Also included is the concept of sportsmanship where one recognizes the party or individual who bested you and applauds their achievement.

Hate is a ridiculous emotion. It eats you up and causes negativity that just wastes a portion of this very very short life.  Hating the Pats is like hating your neighbor because he/she has that Porsche, a larger house  and a much bigger salary than you. 

Enjoy the game best you can given it's silliness in presentation and pacing and just hope for good one or if you really do enjoy the negativity of life that much, use the time to decide which AAF team you want to start hating in two weeks. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

There used to be many aspects of human society that have been rejected by today's generations, some good, some not so much. Positive ones like etiquette, art culture, acceptance of other points of view, respect for privacy and general decency are among those that have disappeared from the mainstream. Also included is the concept of sportsmanship where one recognizes the party or individual who bested you and applauds their achievement.

Hate is a ridiculous emotion. It eats you up and causes negativity that just wastes a portion of this very very short life.  Hating the Pats is like hating your neighbor because he/she has that Porsche, a larger house  and a much bigger salary than you. 

Enjoy the game best you can given it's silliness in presentation and pacing and just hope for good one or if you really do enjoy the negativity of life that much, use the time to decide which AAF team you want to start hating in two weeks. 

Good post. Most of it is true, reasonable and articulate.  NOW ABOUT THE PATRIOTS,  This is not about decency, respect, or sportsmanship.  This is the nature of sports.  It should not be compared to the normal range of emotions and decorum that governs our everyday lives.  I hate the Patriosh*ts with every fiber of my being. It doesn't eat me up or define my life.  It is not based on their success or their "proximity to my house".  It goes much, much deeper than that. I despise their pompous arrogance, disregard for the rules that govern the rest of us "mortals",  their sh#t eating fans, filthy despicable Coach, and their "elite",smarmy Quarterback.  I hope that covers it for you.  It doesn't make me a bad person.  It just makes me a JET FAN.

1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

I want a piece of you so bad I can taste it

2 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Eff the Patriots.  Eff the Dolphins. Eff the Bills. Eff the Steelers. Eff the Giants.  Eff the Eagles.  Eff the Cowboys. Eff the Packers. Eff the Raiders. Eff Tom Brady. Eff Dan Marino. Eff Don Shula. Eff Boston...

Am I missing anyone or does this cover it?  

AND EFF MY LIFE! YEAH!

sorry.

2 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Hating the Patriots should be a condition for existence on this planet...

On 1/27/2019 at 8:10 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I have to be honest that I rooted for them in 2001 against the Rams.  It seemed like a good story back then.

I've never rooted for them but I was probably 50/50 in 2001 vs. the Rams.  Not necessarily rooting for the Patriots but didn't have any deeply embedded hatred for them at that point and the upset aspect of that game was interesting.

One of my most interesting football stories is about the Patriots 2007-2008 season though.  That was the regular undefeated season for the Pats and also the "Spygate" season.  I had moved to Arizona from NY/NJ about 6 years earlier but flew back for the Week 1 Jets game vs. the Patriots.  THAT was the Spygate game and the Patriots first win of the season.  Fast-forward about 20 weeks and the Patriots are undefeated and heading to the Super Bowl....in Phoenix.  My bro-in-law works for the NFLPA and takes me and his aunt (she's a huge Giants fan) to the game.  We're sitting in the end zone where Plaxico Burress catches the game winning TD and the Patriots lose.  So I got to see that season come full circle by attending the first game and last game of the season....the Week 1 Spygate game that started the Pats winning streak and the Patriots loss to go 19-1.

1566020276_ScreenShot2019-01-28at9_39_22AM.png.11e1312113cc0338e85a030b70167f1b.png

On 1/27/2019 at 10:28 AM, Smashmouth said:

I hate the Dolfags much more than I hate the Pats but they are closing in.....If you were around when the Original Cheat coached (Don Shula) you would understand that hatred

This. If the Jets ain't in it I still watch it but I'm basically indifferent. I usually just want a decent game. I've never rooted for a division rival in any sport I follow. It just isn't right.

the last time I rooted for the Patriots I'll never forget it 

it was like 4th grade and I'm at like a bowling birthday party with my cousins.  (Long island represent) The Pats were in the Super Bowl against the infamous 85 Bears

I remember my uncle drinking a beer and talking about the Bears with the other men and during a quiet moment I piped up

"I'm a Jets fan so i'll root for the team in the division" 

They laughed. My uncle said "Kid, they're going to get killed.... KIIIIIIILLLLLLEEED." 

and then like 5 hours later it happened. 

I’m gonna get a lot of flack here for this but I always root for an old original AFL team against an NFL team. I’ve never rooted for the Steelers, Ravens ( except when they played the Giants) and Colts.
So I do root for the Patriots and BTW I hate the Rams since the fearsome foursome and Roman Gabriel. How about Eric Dickerson running for 250 yards against us at Shea. Not to mention the greatest show on turf beating the crap out of us.
So screw the Rams, The NFL and TV gods decided that a Saints - Chiefs Super Bowl wouldn’t get the ratings that the Goat and LA Glamour would.
I’ll root for the Pats even though I should be rooting for the Chiefs.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 1/27/2019 at 11:02 AM, T0mShane said:

This is the only right answer. Anyone who answers otherwise is detestable and disgusting and should be banned. Really gross to read some of these responses

I agree, no true Jets fan could ever root for Brady or the Pats!!! I hate the Giants also but I wanted them to beat the Pats, imagine a Jets fan rooting for the Pats to go undefeated?

50 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

the last time I rooted for the Patriots I'll never forget it 

it was like 4th grade and I'm at like a bowling birthday party with my cousins.  (Long island represent) The Pats were in the Super Bowl against the infamous 85 Bears

I remember my uncle drinking a beer and talking about the Bears with the other men and during a quiet moment I piped up

"I'm a Jets fan so i'll root for the team in the division" 

They laughed. My uncle said "Kid, they're going to get killed.... KIIIIIIILLLLLLEEED." 

and then like 5 hours later it happened. 

You should have been drinking beer with your Uncle!

I know everyone here is going to jump down my throat for this but yes I have rooted for them in the big game. Now hear me out. I have become numb to the pats winning so it really doesn't effect me if they have one more parade. Last year I rooted for them to beat the Eagles because screw philly. I'll probably root for them against the Rams this year too. Like I said I'm numb at this point and beware if the Rams win get ready for the new generation of bandwagon fans. We don't want a repeat of the pats do we? That's exactly what the Rams could turn out to be. Not trying to start an argument here just explaining reasons for wanting them to win the SB this year and last year.

On 1/27/2019 at 11:54 AM, Savage69 said:

Of course back in the day every team in the AFL was rooting for the Jets in Supe 3..:win:

It's crazy that is something that will never happen again. You will never have an entire conference be rooted so unified and hard for like the AFL was in 1968. Everyone was a fan of the New York Jets on January 12th 1969.

Archived