Adam Gase called the Flacco int play

Rhg1084

57 minutes ago, CTM said:

When will this dood learn to stop calling the INT plays, nothing good comes from them

And why would a grizzled vet like Flacco agree to that INT play?

I mean, I get why Sam Darnold would, because he has dumb brains.

But I expect Joe Flacco to simply know better!

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

And why would a grizzled vet like Flacco agree to that INT play?

I mean, I get why Sam Darnold would, because he has dumb brains.

It's like he has rocks in his head out there. Kid needs to be coached.  Had it in the right direction for a short while and then...  boom.  Gase + Darnold = train wreck  Gase doesn't coach.  He just sends in plays.  Darnold is itching to get out of here.  No doubt.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Did he also tell the 13 year veteran to ignore the TE wide open in the flat and throw the ball into double coverage? 

yep.  it's like the qb has no impact on the plays that are run.  it looked to me that the te was free long before flacco made the throw.  in any case it was a bad decision because a couple of first downs from that point to the end would've iced the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is what I believe as well. He thinks the mask can hide it. He's such a loser. 

Exactly. He still stands there with this eyes lasered on his little play sheet and it is obvious the play calling has been different in the second half. And we have fallen apart in each second half as well. 

Gase reminds me a little of Rex. If you remember Rex would start the year with these super complicated blocking schemes and coverages and then sort of halfway through the season he would simplify things and play would improve.

Gase did that on Monday. The blocking schemes were much simpler and we used more formations that could work for both run and pass.

I am also likely in the minority that thinks Flacco looked good because for the first time this year our pass blocking was competent and our WR corps was actually good. Mims looks like a future #1 and Perriman is very talented.

I think the Darnold haters are going to have a rough last 7 games if the OL can stay at the level we say Monday and we can field Mims Perriman and Crowder for 7 games.

• Post of the Week 1