Jets \ Raiders Game Thread

Maxman

8 minutes ago, K Clue said:

Smart decision right there from Darnold.. at least he’s not trying to force the throw down field. 

I've said it a ton of times and ditto a bunch of others: Sam plays best when he's unscripted. Usually when he does something decent or better than decent, it's not in the game plan, lol. For all of The Boot's gaffes, weak spots, and regression, it's a direct parallel and a glaring indictment of everything Adam Gase, IMO. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, jetophile said:

I've said it a ton of times and ditto a bunch of others: Sam plays best when he's unscripted. Usually when he does something decent of better than decent, it's not in the game plan, lol. For all of The Boot's gaffes and his weak spots, that is a glaring indictment of everything Adam Gase, IMO. 

Agreed.  Look I’ve been very open about Sams mistakes but he has had horrible coaching along with bad protection.  If they just let the kid play maybe things would be different 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

No one ever admits they are wrong on the internet. They just go into hibernation. We will be debating Darnold for the next 10 years.

Gase is one of those HCs who thinks it's better to outsmart the opponent than doing the obvious stuff that works.

On the other hand, almost all the couch potatoes here think they’re experts.

... maybe at potato chips.