I apologize to everyone on JN for my Trevor Lawrence post's; is there any room left on the Justin Fields/Zach Wilson bandwagon?

9 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

There's still room on the Jaguars bandwagon!

Nope. I'm not you. 

At first I thought you created a Jaguars/Trevor avatar out of superstition; which I respected. 

But now that we've missed out on Lawrence? Your act is getting really old around here. 

Nonetheless I'll be hoping Justin Fields (who I've crapped all over) can prove me wrong and light up awesome Clemson/Alabama defenses. 

I don't have too much pride to be proven wrong especially if being proven wrong gets me an awesome Jets Franchise QB. 

Right now I'm on the Penei Sewell wagon but I'll glady jump off if Fields can impress me...

15 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The best approach in my opinion, and this goes for all of us, is to not mentally marry ourselves to anyone.  Be it Sewell, Wilson, Fields, etc.  We will all have some favorites, guys like we like and those we hate, but man does it become exhausting when someone joins himself at the hip to a draft prospect. (I think @Paradis still carries around a photo of Austin Seferian-Jenkins in his wallet. :P )

Let's allow the process to play out, allow Douglas to do what he was hired to do.  I've questioned JD a bit mostly because of his approach to the WR position in the offseason and draft, and some misses (thus far, although it's early) in the middle rounds of the Draft.  But JD is our guy, we have to trust him and he looks like he nailed Rounds 1 and 2 last year.  So if he looks at ALL of Fields, Wilson, Trask, Lance and Jones....and says no thank you, then we have to trust him.

This is shaping up a lot like 2018 again.  Several 1st round caliber QBs but not a ton of consensus or accuracy about how to order these guys (outside of Lawrence) similar to how analysts disagreed about ordering Baker, Darnold, Rosen, Lamar and Allen in 2018.

It's going to be an interesting 4 months around here, that's for sure!

An interesting 4 months. As i said in another post. Get me some Lithium. Please. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

While in the meantime I've down talked and questioned the idea of other QBs (all because I was 100% convinced Trevor Lawrence would become a Jet). 

I was wrong. 

Any room left on the Justin Fields and/or Zach Wilson bandwagon for me to join? 

Because if so, I'd love to see Justin Fields destroy Clemson while out performing Trevor Lawrence while going onto beating Alabama and winning himself a National Championship Title. 

Right now I'm in favor of Penei Sewell but it would become pretty damn exciting for me (heading into the draft) if Justin Fields can absolutely explode vs Clemson & Alabama. 

Sell me Fields and Zach fans. Sell me. 

Don't forget you may already have a quality QB on your roster now that I'm a big fan of.

Capt, Morgan...time will tell.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Not 100% convinced JD takes a QB.  I only think he takes one if he truly believes he is getting the player deserving of the overall 2 pick.   Some people are completely discounting Sewell because of his position, but I could easily see the Jets planning to play him at Guard,  which instantly gives them a top 10 NFL O line.  

Not sure how it goes, but it will be interesting. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The best approach in my opinion, and this goes for all of us, is to not mentally marry ourselves to anyone.  Be it Sewell, Wilson, Fields, etc.  We will all have some favorites, guys like we like and those we hate, but man does it become exhausting when someone joins himself at the hip to a draft prospect. (I think @Paradis still carries around a photo of Austin Seferian-Jenkins in his wallet. :P )

Let's allow the process to play out, allow Douglas to do what he was hired to do.  I've questioned JD a bit mostly because of his approach to the WR position in the offseason and draft, and some misses (thus far, although it's early) in the middle rounds of the Draft.  But JD is our guy, we have to trust him and he looks like he nailed Rounds 1 and 2 last year.  So if he looks at ALL of Fields, Wilson, Trask, Lance and Jones....and says no thank you, then we have to trust him.

This is shaping up a lot like 2018 again.  Several 1st round caliber QBs but not a ton of consensus or accuracy about how to order these guys (outside of Lawrence) similar to how analysts disagreed about ordering Baker, Darnold, Rosen, Lamar and Allen in 2018.

It's going to be an interesting 4 months around here, that's for sure!

I agree.  Getting mentally married to a prospect before they are drafted affects our evaluation of them later as a Jet.

I had defective Sam vision and didn't know it.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nope. I'm not you. 

At first I thought you created a Jaguars/Trevor avatar out of superstition; which I respected. 

But now that we've missed out on Lawrence? Your act is getting really old around here. 

Nonetheless I'll be hoping Justin Fields (who I've crapped all over) can prove me wrong and light up awesome Clemson/Alabama defenses. 

I don't have too much pride to be proven wrong especially if being proven wrong gets me an awesome Jets Franchise QB. 

Right now I'm on the Penei Sewell wagon but I'll glady jump off if Fields can impress me...

What are you calling an act, bub?

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Justin fields was equally as legendary a high school prospect as TL. Both out of Georgia they basically both graded out equally as two of the best recruits ever.

They attended the same elite 11 QB camp where fields took MVP

ever since touching the field in college fields has outperformed TL in every statistical measure. Last year he completed a higher % of his passes, threw for more yards, more TDs, and fewer picks in one less game, against tougher competition. 

after the first 3 games this year fields was giving TL a run for the #1 pick. He opened the season completing 90% of his passes for 1000 yards 11 TDs and zero picks. It was a hot topic on ESPN and even on this forum back in November. 

he had a “down” game vs Indiana where he threw two dumb picks while getting tackled. Still manages to throw for 300 yards 2 TDs, and run for 100 and another score in that game. 

he had a bad game vs northwestern where ohio state was missing basically half its offensive personnel. Northwestern sold out to stop the pass to the tune of allowing over 300+ yards rushing. Fields injured his hand early in the second half 

people act like TL is perfect but watch his game vs VT. It was as bad a performance as fields has ever put on (against a sh*t team) he should of had 3 picks. Lets not forget the games against OSU and LSU in the playoffs, total clunkers by TL. Also TL struggled massive to start his second year at Clemson, people forget but he Was bad for about a 4 game stretch to start the year. This is fields second year starting and has faced a much higher level of competition than TL.

fields is an elite physical specimen. Think Russell Wilson but 6”3. Built like a tank, 4.4 speed, cannon arm, pin point deep accuracy, and extremely elusive. Other than being 3 inches shorter he is a better athlete than Lawrence in every way. He’s a TRUE nfl dual threat. He also has a bit of a baseball background (like Wilson, brady, Murray, mahomes do) MLB scouts were pressuring him to play baseball in college. 

Check out a former NFL QB break down fields and Lawrence, who do you think he likes better?

IF fields outplays/beats Clemson he is going to be the sure fire #2 pick and the Jets will rush to the podium 

For all the criticism Fields gets about his processing speed, he does show flashes of it. Watch the first play in the video against Michigan. Fields scans the full field and hits his third read for an absolute dime down the right sideline. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

You continually bashed Fields on the weekly with silly notions that he is a running back and now you want people to convince you of what you so confidently battled against for so long. Makes one wonder if you ever really knew what you were talking about to begin with being that this is what you want us to do after all that.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

28 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Not 100% convinced JD takes a QB.  I only think he takes one if he truly believes he is getting the player deserving of the overall 2 pick.   Some people are completely discounting Sewell because of his position, but I could easily see the Jets planning to play him at Guard,  which instantly gives them a top 10 NFL O line.  

JD gonna do JD.

I tend to think we take Sewell...

but???

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, maury77 said:

For all the criticism Fields gets about his processing speed, he does show flashes of it. Watch the first play in the video against Michigan. Fields scans the full field and hits his third read for an absolute dime down the right sideline. 

I've said this a million times it seems and I'm sure people don't really care, but that's the thing about processing/progressions in college.  QBs don't have to do it a ton.  So is it that they can't do it?  Or they just don't have the reps to do it as second nature.  It's damn near impossible to tell.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nope. I'm not you. 

After the last two months you have a lot of balls telling anyone that their act is getting old!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

45 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Yup, could see a QB, or Sewell and roll with Darnold for another season. Obviously, a lot will come down to what the next HC thinks. If they bring in a guy like Daboll and he thinks he can salvage Darnold that may be enough to pass on a QB. Either way, I think I'm over the post-Lawrence depression and ready to see what the team does.

It's never simple with this franchise, is it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Hop in this Jetnation hot tub time machine with me, @Defense Wins Championships. Don't mind @JiF he likes to skinny dip. The Jets just drafted Justin Fields, the dual threat quarterback we've been longing for. Now we fast forward to next season with the fans back....Hear that roar? Guess who's on the Jets schedule next season? None other than the Jags who will be traveling to MetLife in 2021. The Jets defense and Fields are going to be so hungry to win the first head-to-head matchup of the first two quarterbacks selected in the first two picks of the 2021 NFL Draft. It will be glorious to beat the snot out of Sunshine at MetLife with Fields looking like Russell F-ing Wilson. Whoa. Let's get out of this machine and get back to December 29th and finish watching the Knicks beat the Cavaliers.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2