Deshaunapolooza ****Official Deshaun Watson Speculation Megathread**** (Merged eleventy bajillion times)

Rhg1084

I'll admit it's funny to see the same people that were calling Q-Will a bust and didn't even want him to begin with now turning their nose at the idea of trading him for a Top 5 QB.

We're not getting an elite QB for pennies on the dollar, don't be delusional 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, joebabyny said:

Eli isn’t Watson. Eli was never considered a cool kid, and he didn’t come up in the social media age that Watson is. 

Yeah so again verbatim as I said performance/personality drives endorsements, not the city you play in. Thank you.

1 hour ago, King P said:

hmm...

Reads like the Texans thought they could mend things but have now pivoted to trying to increase the compensation. If JD holds tight he can probably let the Texans fall for Wilson and then get Watson for less than people imagine.

• Upvote 4

By selecting Miami and NYJ Watson’s ppl have created a scenario where both teams *should* attempt to trade for him not just Bc he is awesome but precisely because we are both in the same division, it would be lethal for either team to allow Watson to sign with the other team. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Reads like the Texans thought they could mend things but have now pivoted to trying to increase the compensation. If JD holds tight he can probably let the Texans fall for Wilson and then get Watson for less than people imagine.

Exactly. 

If the Texans fall hard for Wilson the price will be manageable. 

The #2 pick is worth two regular number 1s at least.     Throw in Quinnen (a former #2 pick), that would be the limit.     So #2 pick and a first next year (maybe with a 3rd somewhere) or #2 and Quinnen.   Or my preference 3 #1 picks that do not include the second overall (the seattle first this year and the two first picks next year).

I would love to have Watson, but don't believe we need to mortgage the team for it or we will end up like the Houston Texans or the Lions with Stafford. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, football guy said:

Because their displeasure is merely due to the fact that they misjudged how good the team was when they signed the extension. Now that it’s gone to sh*t, they don’t want to be part of a rebuild. 

If they officially request a trade, it’s going to be very awkward for Deshaun to explain to his teammates that they’re not good enough. Now at least he can scapegoat the coaching search/ownership as his reasoning.

I'm not buying it.  That sounds like teenager drama garbage.

I was reading the Texans forum. They throwing in Q and even becton in addition to first round draft picks like it's nothing. JD will not trade either of those guys. Q is a rising star and saleh just raved about him. Becton is a stud and JDs first ever draft pick.

Houston, you'll take draft picks and like it. Quit dreaming of these bull madden trades, it's not happening, not even in madden.

• Sympathy 1

Allen showed us why you don't keep Sam because you have a crush on him; or you want to be the genius to make your high draft pick work.

A Genius would have never drafted Sam; a smart man would move on from him.

Someone, at some point will expose your QB; like they did Josh who many claimed to be a top 5 QB in the NFL.....

But, we all knew who Josh Allen really was....One thing us jets fans know, is bad QBs. We can spot one a mile away.

4 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I was reading the Texans forum. They throwing in Q and even becton in addition to first round draft picks like it's nothing. JD will not trade either of those guys. Q is a rising star and saleh just raved about him. Becton is a stud and JDs first ever draft pick.

Houston, you'll take draft picks and like it. Quit dreaming of these bull madden trades, it's not happening, not even in madden.

You'll see a ton of BS made up ideas. 

Here's alittle inside tidbit - Look for the Texans to force whoever trades for Deshaun to take on Whitney Mercilus's contract. 

The way that Mahomes chewed up and spit out the 2020 season makes it very clear:

We don't want Deshaun Watson.

There is no point in getting a win-now quarterback for this low-talent Jets team anyway, but with Mahomes locking down the AFC for the foreseeable future, we need to focus on the rebuild and reset with a young QB on a rookie deal.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

The Jets have to make this deal if the Texans are willing to trade him.  The value of a 25 year old franchise QB under contract for 5 years doesn’t become available for a reason. 

Give the Texans 3 #1 picks and smile all the way to the bank.  With the most difficult and impactful position solved for hopefully 10+ years, you then use your draft capital to build a Super Bowl team in the next 2 years

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, GothamLurker said:

Allen showed us why you don't keep Sam because you have a crush on him; or you want to be the genius to make your high draft pick work.

A Genius would have never drafted Sam; a smart man would move on from him.

Someone, at some point will expose your QB; like they did Josh who many claimed to be a top 5 QB in the NFL.....

But, we all knew who Josh Allen really was....One thing us jets fans know, is bad QBs. We can spot one a mile away.

Yep,  50 total tds, 70% comp and 13 wins in the regular season.  He's awful.

This is legitimately one of the worst takes on this board ever. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I do not believe JD will move Quinnen.  I’d be surprised actually.  Houston would have to take less draft picks for Douglas to consider that.

Agreed.A team moving on from a 25 year old franchise QB is basically going to start from scratch. No matter how good Q may be, they would definitely prefer the draft pick equivalent.

11 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Yep,  50 total tds, 70% comp and 13 wins in the regular season.  He's awful.

This is legitimately one of the worst takes on this board ever. 

To be fair, he really did look like 2019 Josh Allen tonight.  KC DBs dropped at least two sure INTs that I saw.  And those sacks.  

Allen had a great season, but I'll be interested to see if he reverts a bit next year or not.  He'd be smart to get his extension done before then.

Anyone concerned of how deshaun is acting or is this behavior par for the course these days?  I was really disgusted by Jamal Adam’s and the way he acted in the way out?  Is this similar?  Deshaun is generally keeping his grievances mum so that is a positive I guess but I still am concerned about the leader of a franchise acting like this. 

4 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

Anyone concerned of how deshaun is acting or is this behavior par for the course these days?  I was really disgusted by Jamal Adam’s and the way he acted in the way out?  Is this similar?  Deshaun is generally keeping his grievances mum so that is a positive I guess but I still am concerned about the leader of a franchise acting like this. 

Sure. To an extent. 

But Watson is like 8 trillion times more valuable than Adams. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Vader said:

By selecting Miami and NYJ Watson’s ppl have created a scenario where both teams *should* attempt to trade for him not just Bc he is awesome but precisely because we are both in the same division, it would be lethal for either team to allow Watson to sign with the other team. 

And it took you a week to figure this out all by yourself?

SAR I