Do You Feel Bad For Alex Kessman?

I don’t  know if being an NFL place kicker is the end all be all for this young guy. He could personally go in many directions. Go back to school, get a job and join the rat race, or keep trying to be a kicker in pro football. He’s obviously got talent or the Jets and Chargers wouldn’t have signed him. He missed two kicks. A lot of guys have missed extra points a lot of them. Failure in his big chance is something many of us have experienced maybe you flunked a big test, did bad in a job interview, did a terrible presentation, just really blew it. He sure did. So I’m not going to judge him or try to label him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, x1dal said:

Unless this guy is the goat in practice I dont see how he gets another chance 

Not with the Jets, no, but there are 29 other teams who haven't hired him yet.

If he keeps with it, he'll get another chance with another team if and when he shows he deserves it.  I'm pulling for Ammendola who started out pretty good, gave us a lift when we needed a punter to get another chance.

I feel bad for anyone who has to endure such a public failure but missing 2 extra points that probably didn’t affect the game isn’t that bad. Missing a kick to win a big game like Norwood can ruin the rest of your life. This kid will only be remembered by diehard types like us who frequent this site and fortunately there ain’t that many of us!