Glazer: Jets expected to move on from Zach Wilson after the season

T0mShane

I think it’s funny to read people say, “I don’t want to spend the money on so and so” or “I don’t want to give up draft capital for so and so.” This team, though it has disappointed in recent weeks, when healthy can play and beat anyone. Get AVT and Breece back, the likely OROY and DROY, a stud DT (that you have to sign), average skill weapons that have shown with competent qb play can perform… we have entered a window where you have to be bold and take a chance. Go out and try to get a qb that puts this team over. You get your team to this point so you can sacrifice some draft capital to make a big move, now is that time. Root for the raiders to lose, root for the bucs to lose, root for the packers to lose. Figure out a way to get someone in here that can help open that window wide open. Because if that person gets us where we want to go, I’m not going to be upset we had to give up draft capital for him.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

This is a no-brainer. Zach will not be the starter next year. They will probably pass on Mike White and go after one of the proven vet FAs. 

But ‘move-on’? Not so fast. They won’t just cut him and eat the dead money. IMO. If they don’t find a trade partner he will be on the roster next year. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Arron Rogers sat behind Brett Favor for three years . Years ago that's what QB's did. Zac will be here next year in a backup roll or scout team. Money does play a roll.  They will go w/Mike White or one of the free agents. Me personally hope they grab Baker Mayfield. Good arm, accurate, and with Bruce Hall back & BAM BAM, the skill positions could be set. Now the real problem is the offensive line. Yes injuries played a big roil, but who do we keep & who do we move on from?

• Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, freestater said:

I'll say one thing for certain, if they do roll with Wilson as the guy next year and he implodes once more, then JD and Saleh should both lose their jobs.

Which is why it's more likely he's out of the picture.....Jay Glazer's report or not....

They're gonna be aggressive in filling in that OB1 spot...expect them to take a swing at Rodgers, Carr or TB12.....led by Woody who will have a bad taste in his mouth from the collapse and feeling the heat from the outside

12 minutes ago, usanyj said:

I think it’s funny to read people say, “I don’t want to spend the money on so and so” or “I don’t want to give up draft capital for so and so.” This team, though it has disappointed in recent weeks, when healthy can play and beat anyone. Get AVT and Breece back, the likely OROY and DROY, a stud DT (that you have to sign), average skill weapons that have shown with competent qb play can perform… we have entered a window where you have to be bold and take a chance. Go out and try to get a qb that puts this team over. You get your team to this point so you can sacrifice some draft capital to make a big move, now is that time. Root for the raiders to lose, root for the bucs to lose, root for the packers to lose. Figure out a way to get someone in here that can help open that window wide open. Because if that person gets us where we want to go, I’m not going to be upset we had to give up draft capital for him.

People read Cimini and think our whole team needs to be rebuilt. Lol we have a lot of good players. Another good draft, get our players healthy and put a grownup at qb and we are a dangerous team.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sam was a considerably better prospect overall from a legitimate program in a big conference. He didn’t implode until his third season. Zach Wilson has never been good, and he has a 60-grit personality besides. He’s been an albatross around Saleh’s neck and the Jets are likely much further ahead in their rebuild if they didn’t waste so much time trying to spoon-feed an emotionally feeble, spoiled mama’s boy from Utah. 

Based on the Instagram and past actions,  it is almost a certainty that Zach's mom is heavily involved trying to get him out of here...

6 minutes ago, shrekman1 said:

Arron Rogers sat behind Brett Favor for three years . Years ago that's what QB's did. Zac will be here next year in a backup roll or scout team. Money does play a roll.  They will go w/Mike White or one of the free agents. Me personally hope they grab Baker Mayfield. Good arm, accurate, and with Bruce Hall back & BAM BAM, the skill positions could be set. Now the real problem is the offensive line. Yes injuries played a big roil, but who do we keep & who do we move on from?

I'm a baker mayfield believer but I don't think you can take an Air Raid offense college QB and turn them into a timing short pass offense QB without some evidence that they can do it. And there is no evidence that Mayfield is suited to the Jets O scheme. 

I agree with you that unless JD gets some value for Wilson, he will remain on the roster. heck, he's got two years to figure it out and you never know. He can't get any more broken than he is now. There is no place to go but up.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

but think that he would benefit greatly by going through some Seal training. Is that something that one can do? 

Yes, there are actually "vacations" you can go on where former seals put you through a version of the training. It's expensive as hell.

• Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Schefter and Glazer are the two most plugged in insiders in football.

It’s best for both parties to move on and get a fresh start.

Zach has regressed to the point of performing at Luke Falk levels. Where the fanbase is booing his every incompletion and cheering their t!ts off when a 4th string CFL backup takes the field.

Get whatever you can for him and bring in a legitimate veteran to steer the ship.

Yeah Glazer doesn't throw sh*t at the wall and hope it sticks he usually only gives out info that's well sourced. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

Yeah Glazer doesn't throw sh*t at the wall and hope it sticks he usually only gives out info that's well sourced. 

I just don’t get why this info would be put out by the team this early? It will only lower trade value if other teams know the jets want to trade Zach instead of saying they’ll keep him 

• Upvote 1

Just now, BurntDice said:

I just don’t get why this info would be put out by the team this early? It will only lower trade value if other teams know the jets want to trade Zach instead of saying they’ll keep him 

Who knows who Jay Glazer's source is? Or if he just made it up. 

• Upvote 1

I have to agree with the folks who I think there’s more going on here than we know about. My gut feeling is the team has lost all faith in the Zack. It’s my belief, they know in their heart of hearts that they are not going to win a damn thing with Zack under center. just think how differently the whole offense played when the third string quarterback came in, and it looked like the whole team was energized.

My plan would be to resign MW, find a decent veteran quarterback and then find a young quarterback in the lower rounds, who has the potential to play well within the MLF system. Then we need to do what teams did years ago, sit him for two years, and let him learn and get up to speed in the pro system. Hopefully at the end of his apprenticeship, we will have a franchise quarterback, ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

That is just pure conjecture.  Been it sounds good with the recent game. I still maintain it is far far more likely the Jets fire LaFleur than get rid of Zach, They might do both but I am not seeing how LaFleur keeps his job

Yea, I tend to lean this way - unless there’s in the locker room stuff that amplifies the choice to dunk in Zach and stick with MLF.

The fact MLF has gotten production out of Flacco, Josh Johnson, Mike White and now Streveler… Imagine a true QB talent in this offense. 

Anyway, Zach should be moved to #2 or #3, but his mother might tweet him right out of that option.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Looks like glazer framed it as “expect”

Did he say he heard it from a team source?

I’m not surprised and I don’t disagree but not taking this too seriously 

Jets under Douglas and Saleh are mostly leak free. But the anger, disgust and dissappointment of this mess isn't something you can hide. 

34 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, I tend to lean this way - unless there’s in the locker room stuff that amplifies the choice to dunk in Zach and stick with MLF.

The fact MLF has gotten production out of Flacco, Josh Johnson, Mike White and now Streveler… Imagine a true QB talent in this offense. 

Anyway, Zach should be moved to #2 or #3, but his mother might tweet him right out of that option.

Moving on doesn't preclude Wilson's awful contract still being here. Posited before not crazy to think they put him on the PS all season and hope somebody desperate for a QB during the season bites. Would be unprecedented but so is this whole situation. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Jets under Douglas and Saleh are mostly leak free. But the anger, disgust and dissappointment of this mess isn't something you can hide. 

this org will not recover if Lisa Wilson goes nuclear on them but my bet this is coming from team Zach as he has more resources than someone like Moore whose only recourse is to publicly ask for trade.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Schefter and Glazer are the two most plugged in insiders in football.

It’s best for both parties to move on and get a fresh start.

Zach has regressed to the point of performing at Luke Falk levels. Where the fanbase is booing his every incompletion and cheering their t!ts off when a 4th string CFL backup takes the field.

Get whatever you can for him and bring in a legitimate veteran to steer the ship.

They have no clue what the Jets will do because of a game 2 nights ago.  
All the reasons you gave is what makes for a good guess.  
I’d bet they keep him, no reason not to see what happens.  There’s real no downside. 

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

They don't really have much of a choice. There's no possible way to sell his return, even in an open competition -- you need a new answer at QB for 2023.

It was Officially OVER the second a huge portion of the team donned “Mike White” t shirts.

Might as well have put on t shirts that said “Wilson S**ks….plus, We Hate you”

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

They don't really have much of a choice. There's no possible way to sell his return, even in an open competition -- you need a new answer at QB for 2023.

Nah. Peoples memories are short if you are a winner. If he comes back next year and competes and wins the job, and plays like what we expected... the fans will love and embrace him again.