Are you happy the Giants lost?

Maxman

Are you happy the Giants lost?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy the Giants lost?

• Yes
    • No

I don’t know a lot of Giant fans so I don’t hear too much about them outside of the radio. In that regard, I am glad that we can move on from their mini-run and get back to Jets off-season talk, but I don’t actually care too much about their successes or failures as a franchise

I didn't really care that they lost.  I was looking foward to an enjoyable game with some drama.  It was a game that showed that even in a league where mediocrity is rewarded, mediocre can't compete.

The Giants had a great year because they over achieved in a league that rewards mediocre with playoff berths.  The Eagles are one of the small group of elite teams in this league.  Healthy the Giants simply didn't match up.  

Hurst was the 53rd pick in the 2020 draft.  Kudos to Philadelphia for not just making the playoffs in year 3 of their rebuild but actually building an elite NFL team.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

No real Jets fan rooted for the Patriots that day.

Exactly..  

I’m sure a very small % of people/kids claiming to be Jets fans rooted for Belichik/Brady and the Pats ..but not “real” Jets fans..as you say.  

The post is just intended to be a shot at Jets fans.  That was a difficult game to experience last night for Giants fans.  Emotional fallout needs to be managed.  Jet fans become a target for some. 

I became a Jets fan back in the early 70's because of Namath, and because the Jets were a brash kind of counter-culture rebel team among the hoary old franchises like the Colts, Giants, Browns, etc. They were a breath of fresh air in a way. To me the Giants and the Yankees were alway too much the big castle on the hill teams -- like rooting for the athletic equivalent of Amazon or Microsoft. There was and remains a sense of entitlement and smugness that rub me the wrong way. And it infects the fan base as well, just as it does with Patriot fans. If you've lived in NYC for a while and you're a Jets fan, I can't imagine you haven't experienced what I'm talking about. So while I respect the records on the field, I honestly don't much like either the image or the fans who actually believe that their sports teams winning makes them winners. So I'll enjoy the Giants' loss, if only to quiet the crowing rabble.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, sciond said:

No I don't hate them

I hate the Patriots

I hate the Dolphins

I hate bad bourbon

I don't hate other NY metro teams except the Islanders as the suck

I was right there with ya, right up until the last 4 words.  Although this season, it is kind of hard to argue against their suckage.  But at least for old time sake, Lets Go Islanders!!!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BP said:

I never did get the Giants hate. The Jets used to always beat them in the early 80’s. I attribute it to the bitter Mets fan mentality.

I’ll never forget, I was in a bar watching the 2007 Super Bowl and I saw several Jers fans rooting for the patriots to win and get their undefeated season. I couldn’t believe it. The patriots they were rooting for over the Giants. Insane

Eh it’s simple. Jet fans have friends that are Giants fans and live in NY. They have to deal with it being rubbed in their faces that the other NY is better. 

We don’t see Pats fans. We don’t live in Boston. So who cares?

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, BP said:

I never did get the Giants hate. The Jets used to always beat them in the early 80’s. I attribute it to the bitter Mets fan mentality.

I’ll never forget, I was in a bar watching the 2007 Super Bowl and I saw several Jers fans rooting for the patriots to win and get their undefeated season. I couldn’t believe it. The patriots they were rooting for over the Giants. Insane

Part of it is @BP what happens around here when the giants make the playoffs.

media, retail all you see and hear us giants and what a great org they are.

you simply don’t get the same every 20 years when the jets make it

fir example I am in the food store yesterday and as soon as I walk I in giants ballon’s, cakes,banners and cupcakes.

when was the last time I saw jets cupcakes?

I want jets cupcakes dammit!

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

It’s a weird situation for me.

My dad is 93, and he and my daughter are both Giants fans. They love watching the games together every week. I love that they share that and want to see them both happy.

If I’m up on Long Island visiting I always get a kick out of watching it with them, so to be honest, I wanted to see the Giants win. (Especially for my dad)

How the heck did you become a Jets fan? What went wrong, Green Ghost? lol

I am a Jet Yankee Ranger fan. Could care less about the two NBA teams. But in the end I am a native New Yorker, who will root for a NY team when mine are eliminated from contention. This Giants team feels like 1984. Outclassed by a better opponent (Chicago), but with a good youngish coaching staff and QB and a decent nucleus to build around. Fully expected them to get blown out. The Jets, well they continue to be the Jets.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I still have clear memories of 09-10 when the tables were briefly turned. Jets were the talk of the town and the giants were an afterthought, complete nobodies. That’s when the patronizing “I hope the jets do well” turned into pure vitriol and spite from them. Many, many celebrating obnoxiously after the loss in Pittsburgh. Yes I hate them. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, usanyj said:

Yes, similar to how I feel when the Yankees lose as a Mets fan. I’m a jealous and broken fan.

EXACTLY how I feel!!!  If the Jets and Mets won more Superbowls and World Series, then I can be magnanimous and wish good things for the Giants and Yankees.  But that's not reality, is it?

I am a jealous and broken fan; you put it exactly right!!  And the Giants getting smoked last night made me happy, although just any loss by even 1 point would have been good enough.

Don't really care. My hatred for the GMen has dwindled over the past few years........even find myself becoming indifferent towards what happens with Miami and Buffalo if it isn't directly related to the Jets 

Only team that gets a reaction out of me when they lose is the Pats.....No way I'm not celebrating a Pats loss lol 

9 hours ago, BP said:

Wow, how can anyone with morals root for the Patriots?

9 hours ago, BP said:

A lot of the hate comes from the media.  The headlines always used to read "GIANTS LOSE, jets win".  They call the  Giants BIG BLUE!! while the Jets are called Gang Green, in homage to a flesh killing bacteria.  

The only 2 times I have ever rooted for the Giants was against the Pats in the SB.  Other than that, Fock 'em.  

• Upvote 1