*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

The good thing to most here is, Oliver went to a team who most around here feel has an awful QB. So even if he is the next LT, with a terrible QB he won't help them much. I am not as convinced as some that Allen is as bad as they are, and think he may be good, so the Bills are starting to scare me.

Snipped this from the bleacher report

There is more to Williams than just size, athleticism and a Nick Saban seal of approval. 

Williams lost his mother to breast cancer in his early teens. His father became a single parent to four children. Williams became the family cook, rising before dawn to make breakfast for the family. (For more, read John Tally's 2015 AL.com profile of the young Williams. It's a remarkable story, and a nontraditional one about how "toughness" means much more than being an aggro guy on a football field.)

Williams is the "safest" top player in this draft class: dependable, mature, athletic enough, big enough, well-coached and fundamentally sound. 

Safe picks are rarely sexy picks, and the worst thing about Williams is that he isn't a force of nature like Aaron Donald or Fletcher Cox. Williams is the type of defender who makes other defenders look better. 

The Jets allowed 2,021 rushing yards and 4.6 yards per rush, and they’re thin along the defensive line. They also lack pure pass-rushing talent: Safety Jamal Adams often looks like their most dangerous sack threat. 

Williams upgrades the defensive infrastructure. Those old “laughing stock” Jets are becoming less and less funny with every move the team makes.

Grade: A

5 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Dude, why is this a personal victory for you?

No offense to you Klecko, but the reason is for the better part of two months every one on this board who had the temerity to suggest that Quinnen Williams was a talent, equal to, and possibly better than Ed Oliver, was ripped apart, ridiculed, and told that they didn't know Jack Sh#t about football, by some of the so called "draft experts" on this board.  That's why.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

how is it supposedly intelligent Jet fans know we need to beat the Pats, know (or should know) that Bradys weakness is pressure up the middle, we get a stud player in the middle, and said Jet fans weep for hours.

the giants didn't win those SB's because they had a good RG.

The Giants ran a 4-3 and played guys suited for their positions. 

We just watched the Jets take their 5th (?) Interior D lineman to play in a 3-4 that is too small to play 0, and not really fast or "bendy" enough to rush from the edge. Because they're ******* retarded.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, mphtrilogy said:

Safe picks are rarely sexy picks, and the worst thing about Williams is that he isn't a force of nature like Aaron Donald or Fletcher Cox. Williams is the type of defender who makes other defenders look better. 

Oh ffs

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Lith said:

First comment was a little over the line deleting it. Just know I also had beers dumped all over me by my 3 Bills friends who got Oliver. Just don’t know how many more wins a NT brings us. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t enjoy racist conspiracies but the Giants drafting Daniel Jones feels a lot like that stretch of NFL football when John Fogerty was the halftime act of literally every game. 

Seems to be a trend with the Giants, Eli is as white toast as they come...,out of Ole Miss. ?

Seeing Ed Oliver that excited to go to a city like Buffalo (no offense) really makes me wish we drafted him. Quinnen may be a great player but it's gonna take some time to soften this heartache. You can just tell from the small highlight real they played when both players were drafted that if you want the pass rushing DT, that player is Oliver. Would have taken Josh Allen there too.

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

The Giants ran a 4-3 and played guys suited for their positions. 

We just watched the Jets tale their 5th (?) Interior D lineman to play in a 3-4 that is too small to play 0, and not really fast or "bendy" enough to rush from the edge. Because they're ******* retarded.

How many times, from how many pundits, does it need to be said that the nickle is the primary D these days?

Why do you believe the Jets are sticking with a 3-4 when no one has heard a peep from the guy who gets to decide?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, British Jet said:

Mac just said in his press conference he will see how the board unfolds but will look into trading back in 2nd round. 

Thats good news. 

With what? He already blew that opportunity...or is ****o going to burn next years first because he knows he'll be gone?

2 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

No offense to you Klecko, but the reason is for the better part of two months every one on this board who had the temerity to suggest that Quinnen Williams was a talent, equal to, and possibly better than Ed Oliver, was ripped apart, ridiculed, and told that they didn't know Jack Sh#t about football, by some of the so called "draft experts" on this board.  That's why.

OK. Doesn't mean it's cool to be a dick about it.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Yep, using next year’s draft capital.  Or discounting Leo or lee.  One of those guys should be traded tomorrow - probably lee, since Leo was modeling the uniforms.

Yea, you can't trade the uniform model. lol

4 minutes ago, mphtrilogy said:

I liked the Q Will pick, would have preferred a trade down, but from the two dozen prep podcasts I listened to the past 2 months he seemed like the BPA... 

I would bet 98% of the board wanted a trade, just don’t think legit offers were there. Weak QB class and a talented D class. Why would teams trade up that high when maybe not as good but still very good talent is out there.