Who is the #1 draft prospect you were most wrong about ever?

Doesn't have to be a Jets draft pick - a player you thought would be a bust who turned out to be great or a player you thought would be great who turned out to be a bust?

I'll straight up admit to thinking Trent Richardson would be the greatest RB in the NFL.  I also thought another Bama player, Keith McCants would be a Hall of Famer.  

• Upvote 1

OBJ

He did absolutely nothing against the top SEC competition but dominated against scrub teams 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/odell-beckham-jr-1/gamelog/2013/

Good games vs TCU, Alabama-Birmingham, Mississippi State and Furman. 

1, 2, 3 catches vs Arkansas, Alabama, Florida and Iowa. 

Then he has a good combine now all of a sudden he's a first rounder? Someone I thought we could probably target ourselves in the 2nd round but received top 10 consideration. 

• Upvote 2

Reggie Williams, WR, Washington, 2004 

Mike Williams, WR, USC, 2005 

Taylor Mays, SS, USC, 2010

Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU, 2013

Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama, 2013

Marquise Lee, WR, USC, 2014

…that’s it I was absolutely right about everything else. That ever existed. HessStation for GM 2023

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GangGreen Machine said:

I thought Reggie Bush would be a hall of fame back. Absolutely electric in college. 

How about the guys picked right before and after him?  Mario Williams and Vince Young.  I thought all three would be awesome.

I guess I have to admit I thought we got a steal with Geno in the 2nd round.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Darnold 

+1

I'll throw Stephen Hill in there too.  For whatever reason I really thought he become a high-end WR2 in this league.  Maybe it was reinforced by his very first NFL game in Week 1 vs Buffalo which turned out to be the best of his entire career.  5 catches, 89 yards, 2 TDs.

• Upvote 3

Mahomes. Totally shocked that he was taken in the first round because this genius thought he was a third-round guy. 

Chance Warmack- Dude was going to be a perennial all pro and the safest pick in the draft.

Bilal Powell- I thought this was a terrible pick but he turned out to be one of my favorite players during his time with the team. 

• Upvote 3

I too was fooled by Trent Richardson, thought he’d be a great pro back. I also got fooled by Josh Rosen, that was a total whiff, & to a lesser extent Baker Mayfield….
I was right to be utterly underwhelmed by Darnold and I was convinced Lamar Jackson was being totally underrated and disrespected. I also thought the narrative around Josh Allen was so absurd it was nailed on he’d be a superstar and wanted him to be great whether we drafted him or not…..have to admit I am enjoying that one 

• Upvote 1

Definitely that QB draft class.

I really wanted Baker Mayfield and he's turned out to be meh!?

I actually yelled out loud noooooo like Darth Vader when we took Darnold instead of Josh Rosen.

Is Rosen even still playing tennis? Man oh man was I way off....

Yes I wanted Josh Allen the guy who plays on the defensive side of the ball and wanted nothing to do with Josh Allen the QB!

So slap me a few times and I'll buy you a couple of shots!?

• Haha 4