Josh Allen’s 20th game

9 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

do Imaginary people count? I don't understand these people that want the Jets to lose so Zach Wilson gets to trott out on the field. These same people did this same **** with Darnold. 

We've had impassioned (deluded) stalwarts on the board preaching patience since Sanchez.  Sometimes, it's okay to just admit the guy who plays for us sucks.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Josh Allen has really set back QB evaluation 100 years 

Funny people who use the Allen excuse always seem to forget to mention the production he contributed as a runner. 

So if we are being fair and use some common sense the conclusion should be the only QB from the 2021 draft class that can technically be compared to Allen atm is Justin Fields 

It's annoying. Allen was a ridiculous statistical outlier in achieving success and now any terrible QB could suddenly become good in year 3! I'm amazed at the people who can't comprehend because someone won the lottery doesn't mean that you're likely to win the lottery. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, BallinPB said:

This is what we are resorting to.  Comparing Zach Wilson to Josh Allen.  Let's forget that Josh Allen is 6'5" who also runs like a damn RB.  

Definitely true. 

however, he didn’t get better because he was 6’5” or ran like a RB - he had both of those traits when he sucked, too. 

he got better because he rapidly improved his accuracy and decision making in historic fashion. 

6 hours ago, August said:

Josh Allen year 2

3089 Yards

20 TD’s

9 Int’s

58.8% 

if Zach was on pace for this we’d feel like we potentially have our guy….

Yeah, stats aside, I'd be happy of he just set his feet 2 out of 5 passes.  Is that too much to ask?

I'd be happy if he stepped up in the pocket just one time, set his feet and threw a strike. Again, if he'd set his feet.

I'd be happy if he looked at more than one receiver.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Stark said:

one of the biggest statistical outliers at that.... Zach doesn't have half the guts that Allen plays with. I was anti-Allen in the draft but damn.... 

I really think too that it's a matter of guts and not just talent. Darnold also lacked guts. Zach rarely runs to pick up first downs. He only runs backwards. Fitz had little talent, but he was serviceable because he had guts. Guys like Darnold and Zach are kinda soft to be a good nfl qb. If you can't take off and run for gravy first downs once in a while, you give your offense little chance. The unathletic Mac Jones did it against us, and to me it was one of the keys to their win. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

do Imaginary people count? I don't understand these people that want the Jets to lose so Zach Wilson gets to trott out on the field. These same people did this same **** with Darnold. 

That’s the irony of it. Fans who are skeptical of Zach are accused of “wanting him to fail”, which is completely false and nonsensical. But the folks who unconditionally excuse his poor play are perfectly fine with the team losing games because of him. So who is really rooting for failure here?

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Vs Pats 

46% completion 

153 yards 

3 INTs 

As long as we're posing the stats from Josh Allen's 20th career game, I thought I would chip in with his actual stats from what was really his 20th career game.

Vs Washington

70% comp pct

1 TD passing

1 TD rushing

0 INT's

24-9 win

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Warfish said:

So?

What reason should we have to presume Zach Wilson is on the same career path as Josh Allen?

What a juvenile and disingenuous response.

No, that isn't at all what he's saying, he's saying that young QB's take time to develop and have looked awful at times in their first couple of years.

Allen is an obvious stud, and it's probably doubtful Wilson will be as good because Allen is a different kind of player all together, and he may be the only one in the league with the kind of ability he has and has developed.

Wilson can still be a good QB, and it takes more than 1 year for a QB to reach his potential.