NY Jets Forum

Talk about Robert Saleh, Joe Douglas & the NFL in our NY Jets message board.

114,304 topics in this forum

• 8 replies
    • 30 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 46 replies
    • 36 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 44 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 142 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 240 replies
  1. J Russell Arrested 1 2

• 50 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 26 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 12 replies
    • 3 replies
  2. Jersey purchases.

• 24 replies
    • I think Gipson was a big loser over the weekend. Corley took his job on offense. Lazard, who’s only still here because of his $11M guaranteed, probably gets bounced out of the slot entirely and backs up Williams at the X, too. Special teams will likely determine the fates of last year’s UDFA WRs.    The new kickoff rule is really interesting to me (as well as being convoluted and kinda dumb but also probably safer), I don’t know what teams are going to be looking for in a returner. Do the little speed guys still work in this format? Or do you want a bigger guy who can break a couple tackles and give you consistently good field position, but maybe not be a home run threat? Because that could be Corley’s job, too. 
    • I wonder how much of these 2 RB picks are sort of a reaction to Izzy not being able to block.  Sort of like JD saying "I'm not going to make that mistake again". I loved the Izzy pick last year, btw.  Shows how much I know.  lol
    • —Fashanu: Atlanta sticking their foot into the ground to take Penix threw about five different franchises into crisis mode, and I think Douglas was smart in keeping his powder dry and taking Fashanu at 11. McCarthy also being overhyped pre-draft is kind of funny in retrospect. Would have been cool to come up for Odunze, but it seems true that no one was letting their picks go ahead of us. Good on Douglas for doing the sober thing in drafting the best pure left tackle after Alt, even though Fuaga was right there and probably made more sense in the near term. I do find it hysterical that the pre-draft conversation was “Ugh how dare people try to knock Bowers for being a tight end! He’s a power slot weapon SEC dominant mismatch Jets would be fools to pass on him etc” and all the post-draft commentary is “good job by the Jets resisting the urge to draft a tight end.” —72. Corley: I think Corley is probably a fine pick in the third. They’re getting knocked for it because Corley is super raw, but he seems like a mature dude who will put the work in, and we can presume Hackett will use him in the slot in the same way he would have hypothetically used Bowers. Sometimes these unrefined, beefy catch-and-run guys work out—Rashee Rice, AJ Brown, Deebo, etc—and sometimes they can’t handle the physical aspects of the game and wash out right away—Treylon Burks, Johnathan Mingo, Tyler Johnson. I think Corley is tough enough and provides a nice complement to Garrett Wilson and Mike Williams, and even to Ruckert and Conklin. Should be good. Alternatively, they could have used this pick on Roman Wilson, but eh. I would have been tempted to draft Christian Haynes to lock down the future of the OL, but it’s a guard and there were going to be developmental OL later in the draft.    —111. Tanor Bartolini or Mason McCormick: Speaking of those developmental OL, this is where I think Douglas ****ed up. He starts jerking off in public with a pack of senseless trade downs that ultimately reap a 2026 third, which he probably has a 30% chance of being around for. He bails out of 111, which could have been Tez Walker, or Bartolini—who could have backed up at center for a year, or pushed Tippman out to guard, where he’s actually better. If they wanted to go the developmental IOL route, Mason McCormick—RAS god—was taken by the Steelers a few picks later. If the Jets don’t add anyone on the interior of the OL, they’re one sprained ankle away from Xavier Newman and Wes Schweitzer getting Aaron Rodgers broken to bits and ending the season.  —129.  TJ Tampa: He was getting some first round buzz pre-draft as a size/speed CB prospect and was almost universally considered a top 50 prospect. The Jets have no CB depth, with DJ Reed and MC2 coming up on expensive extensions at the same time Sauce Gardner has to get paid. Would have been nice to have a little insurance at the position both long- and short-term.    134. Nehemiah Pritchett or Sedrick Van Pran: with Pritchett, it’s the same discussion as TJ Tampa—long guy, good ball production, provides some depth and insurance. Van Pran, for the same reasons as above for Bartolini.  I get the philosophical appeal of Braelon Allen, but Allen is a limited back whom you could get off the street at any time before or during the season. He provides nothing as a receiver, and he’s a plugger/short yardage back on offense. Look at it this way—if Breece goes down, the Jets—despite burning three picks on backs the last two seasons—are probably going to have to sign a free agent as a fill-in for him. Abinakanda was bad last year and probably doesn’t make this year’s roster, Allen is three yards and a cloud of turf, and Davis is a 4.6 guy who carried the ball a million times at a smaller program. My question with both of these guys is why not just take Audric Estime, who fits the same profile but whom the draft nerds like a lot more? Just some bizarre thinking here regarding the backs.    189. Michael Pratt: I didn’t like any of the QBs in this draft enough to use a pick on them, but at this late in the draft I would have taken a flier on Pratt, who has the requisite size, profile, and character to be a developmental guy behind Rodgers and Tyrod. Jordan Travis will never take a meaningful regular season snap in the NFL. Small guy with injury issues and a peashooter arm. I know people had a hard-on for him because FSU was good, but Mike Norvell was achieving the same stuff on offense at Memphis with Brady White, who likewise never took a meaningful snap in the NFL. Just an absolute brain dead pick by a GM who will go down as the worst drafter of QB talent in the history of the Jets franchise, and that’s saying something. For those writing it off as a late-round developmental guy, that makes it worse because there’s nothing there to develop—he’s too small, he’s been on college for six years, has a throwing arm that makes Pennington look like Josh Allen, he’s already 24 years old. Absolute clown show. 
  • Available Subscriptions