Would You "Exchange" Darnold For One Of The 2020 QB Prospects ???

Would You "Exchange" Daronld For One Of The 2020 QB Prospects ???  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Would You "Exchange" Daronld For...

• Joe Burrow
    • Tua Tagovailoa
    • Justin Herbert
    • Jordan Love
    • I would not even THINK of it. I'm sticking with Sam !!!
    • Piss off, will you...

Maybe. Have to see what the QBASE numbers are for these guys first. Darnold was pretty much a 50/50 shot when drafted, which is a bit low but given the raw talent I thought it was worth it. Numbers from his first two years aren't promising so the odds have dropped probably by quite a bit. It's not common for sophomores to put up DYAR and DVOA numbers like Darnold's and then turn it all around within a year or two.

Basically, you're betting on the improbability of Darnold turning it around in the short-term against the probability of Burrow or Herbert having immediate success; and we don't know what the latter odds are for a few more weeks.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 6

30 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

No. I would consider Mahomes and that's it. And even that's not a definite

hmm, you're saying that you'd "maybe" take the Regular Season AND Super Bowl MVP over this guy who needs 18 new starters to "maybe" win a division and whenever faced with a tough foe or big game folds like a card table?

Please god I hope this isn't how Jets management feels...

Right now, I would place Darnold slightly behind Richard Todd and slightly above Neil O'Donnell.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I haven't been very impressed with Darnold so far. Does that mean he can't/won't get better? Of course he can.

I've said plenty of times here I don't think he'll become more then a mid tier type QB, but I'm also aware that's an opinion a lot of people here disagree with, and that I'm not a QB guru. I just post on a fan board.

As far as the question?

No, I wouldn't even consider it. First, we gave up way too much to pull the plug on him so soon. Second, I'm not crazy about any of these 2020 QBs. 

I was about to finish the first of my two points with "in fact I'm willing to give Sam at least two more years..." but then I remembered that Lawrence and Fields will be coming out next year. If Sam didn't show marked improvement this coming season, and we had the chance to take either of them I'd jump at it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Sticking w Sam, that is he plays a full season with a line that can buy him an extra second, or open up some holes so that we’d actually have a threat of a running game... A good Receiver as well....no QB is going to be successful without the above...Sam is the man, let’s let him develop... 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Maybe. Have to see what the QBASE numbers are for these guys first. Darnold was pretty much a 50/50 shot when drafted, which is a bit low but given the raw talent I thought it was worth it. Numbers from his first two years aren't promising so the odds have dropped probably by quite a bit. It's not common for sophomores to put up DYAR and DVOA numbers like Darnold's and then turn it all around within a year or two.

Basically, you're betting on the improbability of Darnold turning it around in the short-term against the probability of Burrow or Herbert having immediate success; and we don't know what the latter odds are for a few more weeks.

Can the math nerds please stick to ruining baseball.

Nope. Rookies are all unknowns 

we know what Sam is and he’s still very young 

he’s faced every NFL front, coverage and blitz there is and is going to play in the same offense in back to back year’s for the first time in his life 

I’d like to see what he can do 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

No. I would consider Mahomes and that's it. And even that's not a definite

This seems a little nuts.

In an alternate universe I really would like to know how Sam would be playing if he had been a Chief the past two years under Andy Reid and throwing the ball to guys like Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce.  My honest guess is that he'd be a Top 5-8 QB in the NFL.

• Upvote 2

On 3/1/2020 at 10:37 PM, Warfish said:

Burrow is a better prospect than Sam was.

May not mean anything long-run, but it is what it is.

Sorry, that would be wrong

Burrow wasnt a prospect before he had an admittedlybig breakout season this year.

Its not what it is.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Amazing that this post got 3 neg reps and a butt fumble.

The #NumbersAreGay crew are alive and well.  

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Sorry, that would be wrong

Burrow wasnt a prospect before he had an admittedly  breakout season this year.

Its not what it is.

Burrow didn't come out "before his breakout year".  He's coming out now.  The comparison being made is when the two entered the NFL.

And now, he is a better prospect than Darnold was in 2018 when he entered the league. 

There is no question who the overall #1 pick is going to be this year.  No real debate.  That could not be said when Sam was coming out.

If Sam was an equal prospect when he came out, he would have been the unquestioned #1 overall pick. 

He wasn't.  Burrow will be.

Of course I don't expect the homer contingent to agree.  You people already think Sam is better than every other QB but Mahomes, and some of you in this very thread would prefer Sam to Mahomes.  You are, of course, entitled to your (IMO) fantasy world.

• Upvote 2