Watson may have just indicated legit interest in the Jets

9 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

This may not be the thread for this since there are many QB related topics, but was just reading the article below. Now people keep saying Fields is not a fit with this new scheme but as I bold the statement below from the article it screams as a fit for either Watson or Fields as the better RPO type QBs than Darnold or Wilson. I could be wrong but this would seem to me that if the price as far as trade is right Jets will possibly take Watson, but if not then take Fields.  

https://nypost.com/2021/01/18/robert-saleh-begins-overhauling-jets-offensive-staff/

Knapp has NFL experience as an offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, including his work with Michael Vick with the Falcons from 2004-06. Calabrese, a former college quarterback, was the offensive coordinator at Wagner College before becoming an offensive quality control coach with Denver from 2019-20.

LaFleur, who’s expected to run Kyle Shanahan’s offense that features a lot of motion and run-pass option in its scheme, entered the NFL as an offensive intern with the Browns in 2014 and then was an offensive assistant with the Falcons from 2015 to 2016. He joined the 49ers in 2017 as a passing game coordinator and receivers coach.

Very insightful, aside from Fields skill set I think he fits the profile of the type of player Joe Douglas likes. Personality wise I think he’s perfect fit for the NYJ too, him being overshadowed by Lawrence us the Giants. I think he will be the pick if we dont get Deshaun 

7 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

It's so psychotic nuts to think we're going to spend the asking price for Watson. Just because a NY periodical is promoting such a move, does NOT mean it's sane or logical ? That said, I'd love to have Watson if his asking price were a 2nd, preferably 3rd round draft choice. Anything more than that and I'm perfectly happy to go to into camp with Sammy and another young buck QB JD drafted fighting it out in a QB competition.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using JetNation.com mobile app

A 2nd or 3rd, lmfaoo.

I would love to buy a McLaren off the lot for 20,000 but that's not how real life works. When was the last time the Jets fielded a QB like Watson? Let me give you a hint, never. If JD is half as good as a GM as most people think, he'll be able to still trade back, or make the right picks to acquire talent and turn this team around with Watson. Saleh>Gase is a huge upgrade alone, this team is not as bad as most think.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Question - With the No Trade clause does that mean Watson can stand in the way of a trade to certain teams but could voice preference for others?  Could he say, "I'm open to the Jets, Saints, and Falcons, but not Miami, Detroit, etc." and the Texans would then have to work with Watson's preferred list?

Also, every time Watson clicks the Like on a tweet like this...

Saturday Night Live Love GIF by The Lonely Island

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

If this somehow actually happened, the Johnsons would absolutely wet themselves.

They'd make enough off jersey sales on his first day to cover his whole freakin' contract.

Reminds me we have to convince Deshaun that Bob Johnson is the third Johnson brother

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This was the straw that really started to break the camels back with Jamal.... It’s becoming pretty clear he’s going to be traded, I just hope it’s to us or anybody but the Dolphins

Big difference between a top 5 QB and a safety. Hopefully they hire Watsons guy Monday and all the wet dreams will dry up..

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Question - With the No Trade clause does that mean Watson can stand in the way of a trade to certain teams but could voice preference for others?  Could he say, "I'm open to the Jets, Saints, and Falcons, but not Miami, Detroit, etc." and the Texans would then have to work with Watson's preferred list?

The uncomfortable answer to your question would be ...

Orgasm GIF - Orgasm GIFs

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

A 2nd or 3rd, lmfaoo.

I would love to buy a McLaren off the lot for 20,000 but that's not how real life works. When was the last time the Jets fielded a QB like Watson? Let me give you a hint, never. If JD is half as good as a GM as most people think, he'll be able to still trade back, or make the right picks to acquire talent and turn this team around with Watson. Saleh>Gase is a huge upgrade alone, this team is not as bad as most think.

Even if you bought a McLaren on the cheap for 20,000, 10 seconds off the lot...

GIF by Sky