***OFFICIAL NFC + AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES THREAD***

Just now, QB1 said:

Can someone explain to me what the angle is for kicking that FG? Is there any logic to it?

If you hold the Bucs to a three-and-out, Rodgers can win the game with a TD, no need for a conversion at all.

I don't agree with it, but that's the logic.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, fullblast said:

I feel like I dislike the Patriots as an organization more than I dislike Brady as a player, so I'm kind of loving the fact that they now have to watch Brady win without them. This is kind of awesome actually hahahaha. 

We should be rooting for Brady to cast a shadow over Belichick’s success. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's not coaching.  Rodgers had a wide open touchdown just by tucking and running.  And Rodgers got 3 gift INT's from Brady and didn't do anything with it, many bad throws and bad decisions.

SAR I

I know Rodgers will have good numbers for the game, but he left points out there.   He did not play like some uber elite QB

• Upvote 1

Just now, QB1 said:

Can someone explain to me what the angle is for kicking that FG? Is there any logic to it?

The figured that they wouldn't convert the 4th and 8 and that they could hold Brady and get the ball back for another shot. It was a dumbass decision could have cost them the game. 

I liked the FG call. A TD on 4th and then a 2 pt conversion and then a stop against Tom Brady with a ton of time left is more unlikely than a FG then a stop and a TD. When you’re at home you chase the win and the latter option affords that. Packers just couldn’t execute. And even worse now we get the Jetnation Brady Cock and Ball Fondling Club telling us how great he is for yet another year. So we got that going for us.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

If you hold the Bucs to a three-and-out, Rodgers can win the game with a TD, no need for a conversion at all.

I don't agree with it, but that's the logic.

SAR I

Then why did they try to score a TD on 1st 2nd and 3rd down? That defeats that logic lol 

17 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Failing on fourth down would have been like a kickoff anyway. Which has a better chance of happening: Rodgers throwing a TD from the 7 yard line or the Packers getting the ball back?

Exactly. 

That is one of the worst decisions I have ever seen. 

incredibly bad

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

We should be rooting for Brady to cast a shadow over Belichick’s success. 

2 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Exactly. Belifraud got exposed this year.

Except none of that is dependent on any idiotic rooting for that insufferable crybaby little douchebag Brady long after the Pats season is over.

Lafleur’s decision is especially bad when you factor in Tom Brady being behind center. His strategy may have worked with a better defense and a non hall of fame QB on the opposing team. If I am the owner, I consider firing Lafleur. 

And no, this has nothing to do with our Lafleur. Our Lafleur is better.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I liked the FG call. A TD on 4th and then a 2 pt conversion and then a stop against Tom Brady with a ton of time left is more unlikely than a FG then a stop and a TD. When you’re at home you chase the win and the latter option affords that. Packers just couldn’t execute. And even worse now we get the Jetnation Brady Cock and Ball Fondling Club telling us how great he is for yet another year. So we got that going for us.

It was a horrible call. You go for it on 4th and 8 for the chance to tie the game with Rogers as your QB. This wasn't Darnold behind center. You are going to trust your defense the hold the GOAT with 2 minutes to go? How many times has Brady burned the opposition on that. Then even if you stop Brady you still have to score a td anyway. It was a very dumb decision.