Zach Wilson is a Bum!

2 minutes ago, manuvsteal said:

I'm sure some of you will read this and immediately think I don't know what I'm talking about.  This post isn't meant for you. You are the sheep. This post is meant for those that don't follow the advice of robo-dialers and and take the first offer from used car salesmen.

Zach WIlson is being bandied about as the second best quarterback behind Trevor Lawrence. What has he done to get this praise? I'll tell you.  He was the 70th rated passer in a field of 130 Quarterbacks.  He threw a whopping 62% against slightly better than garbage opponents.  Well what about his magic arm?  He threw 11 touchdowns to 9 interceptions.  What #2 pick in the draft has an almost 1 to 1 TD to INT ratio?

For those of you scratching your heads, I'm not talking about 2020 Zach Wilson. I'm talking about 2019 Zach Wilson. That's the only other year that he started a full slate.  In 2020 he threw 33 TD's, completed 73% of his passes and everyone forgot about who he was the year before.  The only thing that changed between 2020 and 2019 is the running game was better. BYU had a 4 yard per carry running back by committee in 2019.  BYU had a 5.5 yard per carry with a primary back the following year.  Why does this matter?  BYU ran the ball 465 times in 2019, and 423 times in 2020.  By comparison they threw it 468 times and 376 times in 2019 and 2020 respectively.  They went as their running game went, and the passing game prospered from that. Zach Wilson prospered from that.  Zach Wilson didn't put the team on his shoulders and carry them. The BYU running game put Zach Wilson on it's back and carried him.

This year's draft Wilson is being overhyped because he has a strong arm, and he throws a nice spiral.  So did Mitch Trubisky (the last one year wonder).  Josh Rosen had a nice arm, and threw pretty passes, and he is on his third team.  Zach Wilson is of that ilk.  Anyone clamoring for the Jets to draft him may as well watch his 2019 film (when you all didn't know his name), because that is more indicative of who he is than 2020 while BYU beat up on some bum teams, and folded to Coastal Carolina, the only ranked team they played.  

The sheep will still say "We need Zach WIlson!". That's fine.  I'm counting on the fact that Joe Douglas is not a sheep, and he won't hitch his wagon to the latest one year wonder to become popular just before the draft.  

I admit I agree with you imo Fields is QB #2 hands down. BUT IMO Zach is ahead of Sam.  Out of all these available options; Trey Lance, Sam Darnold, Mac Jones, Justin Fields and Zach Wilson, Darnold is the worst. 

I don’t think Sam will be better than any QB taken in the 1st round  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

Listen I’m no scout, I go off people I trust that analyze players.  Connor Rogers is a guy I like and he has Wilson as QB2.  He also has said that this draft has superstar potential for up to 4 QBs. He is high on Lawrence, Wilson, Fields and Lance.  Lawrence is most likely going to Jacksonville, so that gives the choice of fields or Wilson.  I’m still torn on the 2, I honestly can’t make my mind up.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I admit I agree with you imo Fields is QB #2 hands down. BUT IMO Zach is ahead of Sam.  Out of all these available options; Trey Lance, Sam Darnold, Mac Jones, Justin Fields and Zach Wilson, Darnold is the worst. 

I don’t think Sam will be better than any QB taken in the 1st round  

Zach (all the college QBs) hasn’t played a down in the NFL so you no idea if he is or isn’t. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Officially reached the point where I'm rooting for Wilson to be the pick purely out of spite

That's where I stand on Darnold...I was ok moving on but I would like him to come back now and make all you dumb fvcks miserable.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 6
  • Haha 5

Josh Rosen and Mitchell Trubisky have nothing to do with Zach Wilson. 
Yes he has taken an abnormal path to becoming a top QB prospect, but that doesn’t mean he should be written off.
There is no such thing as a perfect prospect. Everybody you draft poses the risk of not working out-especially at QB. 

No, but there are clearl and obvious imperfect prospects. Wilson as the #2 overall is downright laughable. So is Fields for that matter.
  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, manuvsteal said:

I'm sure some of you will read this and immediately think I don't know what I'm talking about.  This post isn't meant for you. You are the sheep. This post is meant for those that don't follow the advice of robo-dialers and and take the first offer from used car salesmen.

Zach WIlson is being bandied about as the second best quarterback behind Trevor Lawrence. What has he done to get this praise? I'll tell you.  He was the 70th rated passer in a field of 130 Quarterbacks.  He threw a whopping 62% against slightly better than garbage opponents.  Well what about his magic arm?  He threw 11 touchdowns to 9 interceptions.  What #2 pick in the draft has an almost 1 to 1 TD to INT ratio?

For those of you scratching your heads, I'm not talking about 2020 Zach Wilson. I'm talking about 2019 Zach Wilson. That's the only other year that he started a full slate.  In 2020 he threw 33 TD's, completed 73% of his passes and everyone forgot about who he was the year before.  The only thing that changed between 2020 and 2019 is the running game was better. BYU had a 4 yard per carry running back by committee in 2019.  BYU had a 5.5 yard per carry with a primary back the following year.  Why does this matter?  BYU ran the ball 465 times in 2019, and 423 times in 2020.  By comparison they threw it 468 times and 376 times in 2019 and 2020 respectively.  They went as their running game went, and the passing game prospered from that. Zach Wilson prospered from that.  Zach Wilson didn't put the team on his shoulders and carry them. The BYU running game put Zach Wilson on it's back and carried him.

This year's draft Wilson is being overhyped because he has a strong arm, and he throws a nice spiral.  So did Mitch Trubisky (the last one year wonder).  Josh Rosen had a nice arm, and threw pretty passes, and he is on his third team.  Zach Wilson is of that ilk.  Anyone clamoring for the Jets to draft him may as well watch his 2019 film (when you all didn't know his name), because that is more indicative of who he is than 2020 while BYU beat up on some bum teams, and folded to Coastal Carolina, the only ranked team they played.  

The sheep will still say "We need Zach WIlson!". That's fine.  I'm counting on the fact that Joe Douglas is not a sheep, and he won't hitch his wagon to the latest one year wonder to become popular just before the draft.  

Ok, fair take, so who is throwing the ball for the NY Jets in September

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Finally someone has the guts to say it

I didn't know you had a problem with Cloud. Are young college QB's not allowed to improve from one year to the next ? Some or most of the College QB's have to sit behind someone before thy get their shot to play. Sometimes that equates to 1 or 2 seasons. Should those QB's be picked early in the first like we've seen time and time again ? Nope. But the argument he played bad in his first college season and that makes him automatic crap is a poor argument.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, manuvsteal said:

The Wilson hate is comical at this point. I love him personally, but to each his own. I think its funny that you focus on his 2019 tape, as if his 2020 tape doesn't exist. He learned, he healed, he grew smarter, he got better. People beat the competition thing to death, dont care, I see throws and processing of information that will translate.  Not sure why thats so hard to understand. Oh yeah, and the shoulder thing., like everyone that gets drafted with a healthy background NEVER gets injured. Got it. 

This post had really good info. And by really good info I mean 0 good info and complete trash. Im looking forward to this place blowing up when the jets draft him though. Thats going to be fun. And because there so much negativity around him from jets fans for some reason, then you already know he will be the pick. Enjoy

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1