<<<<<<< Jets vs Bills -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

Just now, Warfish said:

Now the ‘Zach beat Buff, White couldn’t’ narrative in the lead up to Zach starting Sunday.

Had to win last week or this one MW. Good effort but not enough.

I don't think there is anyone, even on this board, that is going to claim any comparison between what Zach did against the Bills in that W and what White showed today against them in this L. No comparison, imo.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Now the ‘Zach beat Buff, White couldn’t’ narrative in the lead up to Zach starting Sunday.

Had to win last week or this one MW. Good effort but not enough.

It absolutely shouldn’t happen but I can see this happen. Even though things are unfair and against Mike White, he needed to put his stamp on this team and didn’t. It’s on him. I 100% believe in him and want to build around a guy like him. He did not lose this game but he didn’t win it either. 

12 minutes ago, DLJ said:

This season is over.

The Jets; all in 1 game:

- Almost definitely lost the division.

- Probably lost Quinnen Williams for the year.

- Will probably lose their WC spot.

- May see Zach Wilson again this season, maybe even as early as next week depending on White’s ribs (I’ll probably be taking the girlfriend to Peddlers Village next week if this is the case.)

Absolutely gut-wrenching week.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I had this game as a loss as well as the last one.   Buffalo is a good team but we have been darn near as good but mistakes, especially turnovers always kill you.

and we haven't been getting any turnovers-for games now it seems

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

The Bills are a SB favorite. We beat them once and really held them in check today, but we made too many mistakes to tip the scale.

Agreed. The only issue is this is the 2nd straight week this has happened. There is 0 room for error. 

Gutsy performance, just not good enough. Got beat by a team that is still just a little bit better than the Jets …on the road in their own building after they got back a few defenders they didn’t have the first time we played against them.

I’m still impressed by how the Jets are managing some of these games particularly late, finding ways to claw back in despite losing their best defender and having their quarterback take a beating. But again, no moral victories.

Bottom line - The Jets are slightly better than just a good football team, but they are still a full rung below the best teams in the league.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Roughing is a second or so after the throw. That was a millisecond. It also wasn’t a dirty hit. 

Yes, I know what the rule for the penalty is.

But what is the point of the penalty?  The NFL says it's to protect the QB.  So they will call 15 yard, game-changing penalties on players like Chris Jones for breathing in Brady's direction, or sacking them to the ground too harshly to "protect the QB", yet are A-OK with a LB torpedoing himself into a lesser QB mid-throw.

It is counterintuitive and ruins the game.

This one hurt. Both figuratively and literally, what with the injuries. Just gotta hope for good news on Q, and that White can get back to 100% soon.

I still hate that FG decision, and I hope they call up Irvin Charles sooner rather than later. They need to start utilizing their big bodies more in the Redzone more. I also wouldn't hate to see Streveler elevated to QB#2. I don't want to see Zach back, and Flacco is just done.

Gotta at least admire White's grit. And Bam Knight is making a case that he's the 2nd best RB on the roster.