Hackenberg is in the HOUSE!!!

On 5/28/2018 at 10:02 AM, slats said:

I'd've played Hack just to get a look at him and also to maybe save myself a few second rounders the following year, but they obviously saw nothing at all in him after two years. Dropping to three QBs before training camp for a conditional seventh rounder? That's a statement. Of failure. 

And when Jon Gruden cuts this clown you will still be crying he never got a fair chance

• Post of the Week 1

I don't get the "why didn't they play him" crowd. It's pretty clear at this point, isn't it? He was so unfathomably bad that they couldn't justify it. He didn't belong on the roster and only made the squad because Mac flushed a 2nd round pick down the toilet on him. Obviously if he was even close to as good as Bryce Petty he was going to get the look. That he didn't (and they dumped him essentially for nothing having never played him) says everything. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty BYE BYE the NY Jets have moved on wont you ALL do the same. 

20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty BYE BYE the NY Jets have moved on wont you ALL do the same. 

I will get these guys to stop bringing up Hack, if you stop brining up Fitzpatrick. Deal?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I'd've played Hack just to get a look at him

Just a look. Lil look-see. Tiny peek. Pfffffffffft. Mother****er can't even put the virtual reality goggles on without the simulator spontaneously catching fire, but yeah, let's totally give him the keys to the F-15 to figure out if slats can see something the guys who wouldn't play him in practice after overdrafting him by ten rounds didn't. That seems like a real productive use of time and spinal fluid.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Just a look. Lil look-see. Tiny peek. Pfffffffffft. Mother****er can't even put the virtual reality goggles on without the simulator spontaneously catching fire, but yeah, let's totally give him the keys to the F-15 to figure out if slats can see something the guys who wouldn't play him in practice after overdrafting him by ten rounds didn't. That seems like a real productive use of time and spinal fluid.

Cute edit. 

I'd've played Hack just to get a look at him and also to maybe save myself a few second rounders the following year, but they obviously saw nothing at all in him after two years. Dropping to three QBs before training camp for a conditional seventh rounder? That's a statement. Of failure. 

At the end of an obviously losing season, why not play him? But really, I was just just making a quip about playing him to lose additional games, thus saving the second rounders in this year's draft. 

But hey, excellent catch!

10 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I don't get the "why didn't they play him" crowd. It's pretty clear at this point, isn't it? He was so unfathomably bad that they couldn't justify it. He didn't belong on the roster and only made the squad because Mac flushed a 2nd round pick down the toilet on him. Obviously if he was even close to as good as Bryce Petty he was going to get the look. That he didn't (and they dumped him essentially for nothing having never played him) says everything. 

100% and I've been saying this for a while.

Bowles doesn't need to be an offensive mastermind to see that the guy didn't belong on the field, fans' curiosities or otherwise. Plus there have also been multiple QBCs and OCs to tell him as well. 

If it was some personal thing where he just refused to play him for personal reasons he had an easy-out to never play him in preseason (until game 4) by saying he first had to leapfrog - or at least come close to reaching - McCown and Petty first.

He had 2 years of chances from a team that badly wanted a young, tall, strong-armed franchise QB. Briefly putting him in live action in late December wouldn't have mattered, especially prior to an offseason of reworking his mechanics. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, slats said:

At the end of an obviously losing season, why not play him?

Yeah, what could it hurt? Besides, you know, people. The edit is because I don't disagree with doing things to tank, I disagree with the see what we got stuff. If you feel that the selective quotation obscured that what you said was only half wrong and insane, sorry not sorry.

Report: Friction grew between Christian Hackenberg, Jets OC Jeremy Bates

usatsi_10848284.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

29SHARES
 TWEET
 EMAIL

As is the case with many marriages heading for divorce, the final months before official paperwork is filed are often the ugliest.

With Christian Hackenberg and the New York Jets, it was no different.

Now a member of the Oakland Raiders, Hackenberg dedicated his offseason to refining his mechanics in an effort to fix a throwing motion that led to inaccuracy and a seat on New York’s bench for the past two seasons. When news of Hackenberg’s mechanical alterations broke, Todd Bowles said he was not aware of the work Hackenberg was doing with personal quarterbacks coach Jeff Christensen throughout the offseason.

However, offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates was aware of Hackenberg’s plans.

According to ESPN’s Rich Cimini, Hackenberg approached Bates at the end of the season with the idea of shortening his throwing motion. The idea was met with skepticism from Bates, who did not believe Hackenberg had enough time to make the changes before spring practices kicked off in May.

Frustrated with Bates’ opinion, Hackenberg sought outside sources for guidance. Ironically, one of those sources was longtime NFL quarterbacks coach and former Jets assistant David Lee. An assistant under Rex Ryan, Lee recommended Christensen and the two immediately got to work, according to Cimini.

Through 60-plus sessions working with Christensen, Hackenberg worked to make his motion more compact.

Apparently left out of the loop throughout the offseason, Bowles never got the chance to see Hackenberg throw after making his mechanical changes. New York held its 2016 second-round draft pick out of OTAs on Day 1 as general manager Mike Maccagnan worked behind the scenes to finalize a trade with the Raiders.

Now, it will be on Raiders head coach Jon Gruden to see if he can turn Hackenberg from a benchwarmer to, at the very least, a viable backup to Derek Carr. Hackenberg’s offseason changes will help his cause, but none of it will matter if he doesn’t gel with the Oakland coaching staff.

If Hackenberg can’t get in sync with Gruden, a quarterback whisperer, and his coaching staff, the once-promising prospect will find himself out on the streets, seeking a team desperate enough to take him on.

6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

AMEN

Do we not have a single mod with the fortitude to finally euthanize this miserable thread?  Come on... NOBODY (except Kelly maybe) wants to see this thread title any more.  Time to move on.

Of course, we could always introduce politics or relegion into it.  Is Hack a kneeler?  Is Hack a Trump-ette?  Is Hack Jewish?  Latino, Irish, Gay, Tranny?  Combination thereof?  There has to be something to remove this thread from our eyesight. 

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

AMEN

Do we not have a single mod with the fortitude to finally euthanize this miserable thread?  Come on... NOBODY (except Kelly maybe) wants to see this thread title any more.  Time to move on.

Of course, we could always introduce politics or relegion into it.  Is Hack a kneeler?  Is Hack a Trump-ette?  Is Hack Jewish?  Latino, Irish, Gay, Tranny?  Combination thereof?  There has to be something to remove this thread from our eyesight. 

No Hack is a crappy qb who will be cut by Jon Gruden by week 1

• Post of the Week 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

I guess all that off season work he did.....didn’t work!

If anything it expedited his departure from the league. One month after it was reported he altered his throwing motion, two teams gave up on him. So much for all that talk on his way out. 

He must have gone from hitting reporters on the sideline to hitting coaches in the back of the head. 

• Haha 1

On 5/25/2018 at 9:38 AM, PCP63 said:

I stand by my position. If Carr gets hurt, Raiders will be fine.

As soon as you come back to reality from whatever PCP trip you've been on in some insane, hallucinatory world where Hack is a quarterback...

we can probably put this thread to rest permanently.  

Ready to wake up yet?

• Upvote 2

• 10 months later...
On 4/29/2016 at 9:00 PM, Integrity28 said:

I guess you have to look at it like this...

Wilk + Hackenberg

is better than

No Wilk + Fitz

Random rep from @Jetsplayer21 on this... and whoa. More like "I guess you have to look at it like this, no matter what Mac does here none of these players will be contributing in 12 months." 

Had I only realized it then. :)

• Upvote 3