Let's Go Jets --- Game Day Thread (Bengals) -- Mike White here we go!

Maxman

1 minute ago, doitny said:

i wouldn't say that . did you see the play calling. we passes 5 straight times. every game with Wilson is 2 runs and a 3rd and long pass.

It’s clear from that drive Mike White is making better decisions and completing the easy throwS.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

i wouldn't say that . did you see the play calling. we passes 5 straight times. every game with Wilson is 2 runs and a 3rd and long pass.

We've came out passing plenty of times.

Against the Pats where he passed up easy options and threw ridiculous INT's. Zach has always been trying to do too much, struggles with the simple stuff - White just made them look as simple as they are. You understate how terrible Wilson's been.

White looks on time and rhythm - The game looked way too fast for Wilson. He wasn't ready, as many feared. Should have been sitting from day one and if White continues to outplay him he should sit indefinitely. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 68JET11 said:

Sorry, but I did not see any of this offense when Zach was in, and while Zach hasn't been great, there is no way they had the same offense for him.

Are you saying we didn’t run twice for 3 yards on 1st and second down? And Corey Davis didn’t drop a ball? Does wonders for an offense huh? 

• Upvote 2

Looks like the Jets looked at last week’s NEP offense on the game film. Because this is how you get a rookie QB to have a 70% completion ratio. Also looks like White has been paying attention in chalk talk sessions and has a clue. Hopefully he’s good enough to avoid mistakes after Cincy changes their D and makes things more complicated. 

The biggest thing I’m seeing with Mike White in their last game and then this game is that he’s taking the underneath play. Checking down. he’s taking what the defense gives him instead of Wilson going for the home run every play. The good news is Wilson sitting back and watching is perfect and this is all coachable. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Four years sitting, watching, learning. 

There's about 80% of NFL fans today that need this tattooed on their wrists so they can check it on gameday next time they're screaming for a rookie QB, especially those who's experience came against pop warner defenses.

• Upvote 1