Zack Wilson Can Take a Seat

2 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

All  I can say is the Sunday ticket app went down when we were winning in the first half.  I was bitching to my girlfriend about it because we immediately started losing.  I found a site to watch it on and we immediately scored in the 4th.  This is the conversation that followed.  She’s out shopping and not returning my calls at the moment.  The Jets win and so fo I!!94DCB8FB-D299-411F-829A-D52AB0183F7A.thumb.png.32fcc95cc12afd3d8d3c56daf0e2fe6d.png

Time for new gf?

4 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

that'll happen when you throw to the open read right away and string together first downs.  Its insanely hard to get in a flow as a play caller when youre 3 and out series after series. 

One of the major takeaways is that our RBs are receiving weapons that should be prioritized more. It makes it ridiculously hard to defend this offense.  Carter and Johnson make a good duo. 

That being said, I still think Mike White is a limited QB and I think defenses are going to start playing us differently since he’s not really a consistent threat to throw the ball deep.

that being said, i feel way better about Mike White being on this team. The Bengals have a good front, but like we saw today, a quick passing game can neutralize a good rush. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

All  I can say is the Sunday ticket app went down when we were winning in the first half.  I was bitching to my girlfriend about it because we immediately started losing.  I found a site to watch it on and we immediately scored in the 4th.  This is the conversation that followed.  She’s out shopping and not returning my calls at the moment.  The Jets win and so fo I!!94DCB8FB-D299-411F-829A-D52AB0183F7A.thumb.png.32fcc95cc12afd3d8d3c56daf0e2fe6d.png

She's not the one bud

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, heymangold said:

This offense looks like a completely different scheme.  Run this with Zach and see what happens.

Same thing because Zach holds onto the ball like he did at BYU waiting for a 80 yard bomb to open up problem this isn't Troy state this is the NFL you can't do that in the NFL sorry the guy sucks he wants the big money play and alot of times you only have enough time to throw 10 yard out. Until he changes his attitude and is willing to adjust let him rot upstairs with Lefluer

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

57 minutes ago, Hex said:

I don't see any reason why Zach Wilson should play the rest of the season except to build chemistry with the rest of the team. White plays better in the system, but Zach has more potential. He is too raw right now

..because the idiocy of starting him to begin with kind of forces your hand.. 

Now, I always say beware the QB with no tape (in a trap game for the opponent). People were pumping on David Mills a few weeks ago. 

However, if White plays just competently again then you can't put Zach back in and you may be torpedoing your 2nd overall pick where if he sat initially then inserting him later in the year would have been fine. Now if Zach comes back in and suck.. there's a controversy and that doesn't end well. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Fight me. Start Mike White.

Can't really disagree with this, especially if it gives Wilson some time to sit and learn, but I'd hope he can earn his job back eventually.

Unless Mike White is our secret diamond-in-the-rough Tom Brady, then this isn't as good as some people think it is.

7 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

One of the major takeaways is that our RBs are receiving weapons that should be prioritized more. It makes it ridiculously hard to defend this offense.  Carter and Johnson make a good duo. 

That being said, I still think Mike White is a limited QB and I think defenses are going to start playing us differently since he’s not really a consistent threat to throw the ball deep.

that being said, i feel way better about Mike White being on this team. The Bengals have a good front, but like we saw today, a quick passing game can neutralize a good rush. 

I agree with that, I dont think he can put up performances like this consistently, but i think what is important is that it shows zach what can happen when you take the first open read in the progression and dont consistently try to always come off it for deeper looks.  Staying in rhythm of the offense is extremely important, and this passing attack can be really good when operated right. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Mike White played his ass off and played better than Zach has today. But it was clear during training camp (this was the assessment by everyone, including fans) that Zach was outperforming him. Let the future but what it will be, but saying White should have started over Zach day 1 is made up history. 

• Upvote 1

We will see how the next couple weeks go, but that was the best QB performance the jets have seen in years.

The offense looked alive for the full game. It wasnt just a couple of flashy plays.

Mike White looked like a vastly better QB than Wilson, and it wasnt even close.

White seems to have a weak arm, but he just takes what he gets and doesnt try to make a highlight reel every play. He just executed the plays as they were called.

If, and that is a big if, because 1 game is just that, but if he continues looking this good you keep playing him. 

Imagine him playing well then you bench him for Wilson who comes back in and stinks up the place again lol.

Again, its 1 game, and it's very possible the Bengals just didnt come to play today and this was just a trap game for them and white stinks next week.

But we shall see! All I know is White looked like a real QB today and Wilson looked like a bust all year.

• Upvote 4

I wouldn't say the Mike White is the answer but it's clear Zach doesn't belong on the field right now. One tibit to think about Mike White was drafted by the Cowboys the Cowboys have a good track record in drafting late round QBs Tony Romo , Dak Prescott  somthing to think about.

• Upvote 1

This is the same offensive scheme we’ve been running all year: the difference is Mike White understands it. Zach Wilson plays in fog. We’re not a bad team. Mike White has much to still prove but he clearly understands the offense and can read the defense, which that alone makes him worlds better than Zach. Zach needs to be on the bench, he’s not remotely ready. I personally don’t think he ever will be, but that’s a debate for another day. What’s not debatable is the fact Zach should not play another down this season.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app