Adams traded to Jets

5 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This deal should have been done on Monday a week ago

Not buying the hamstring injury 

JD just had to squeeze out the best possible deal... at the cost of at least 1 win, perhaps 2. I'm sure JD's successor will be glad he preserved like an additional 6th round pick or whatever. Penny wise, pound foolish.

• Upvote 3

Would feel ALOT better about this move if Zeurlein hits some kicks and we are 4-2 instead of 2-4.

Worth a shot anyway, Arod is gone next year if we don't turn it around and we are back to the eternal search for answer at QB

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

would be nice to know what the conditions are. It better be very difficult.

I read it was a 4th that can become a 2nd... guess we will need to see official PR.

11 minutes ago, GangGreeninBetween said:

This makes me feel so conflicted, obviously Adams is an awesome player back with Rodgers now, but damn what did they give up and sitting at 2-4...is it even worth it at this point? I guess they feel they can still make a run.

We’re 2 back of the bills, with another game vs them. A lot of our offensive issues have been because Williams and Wilson haven’t been on the same page as Rodgers. Wilson looked a lot better last night and now they can’t over focus on him. A couple additional completed passes and we’re likely sitting at 4-2. The bills arent  elite, we can catch them with a better offense and this team getting more disciplined.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

I read it was a 4th that can become a 2nd... guess we will need to see official PR.

I mean if it's something like - make the superbowl and you get a 2nd, I still think it's too much but I can digest that. I doubt that's the sort of condition put on a WR trade though. It's likely something with stats or probowl/all-pro awards.

Douglas burning more resources out of desperation. This GM, this whole Jets hierarchy, are a complete and utter disaster. They think they can just collect a bunch of 30-something big names, throw them together on the field, and then--Presto!--go out and win a Super Bowl. It doesn't work that way. Building a winner takes time. And most of these guys are shadows of their former selves.

The future of this team has never, ever looked as bleak as it does now, and I've been following this team near 50 years.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

JD just had to squeeze out the best possible deal... at the cost of at least 1 win, perhaps 2. I'm sure JD's successor will be glad he preserved like an additional 6th round pick or whatever. Penny wise, pound foolish.

if jd did the deal.

Coincidence maybe but Saleh gets let go and within less than a week reddick can go seek a trade and Adams gets done.

Part of me thinks JD was told take a seat and Woody/Hymie are in control.

If so - what could possibly go wrong?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2