Predict Opening Day Score

TNJet

22 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The Bills defense was second in the NFL last year in points allowed at 16.5 points per game.  Considering that defenses are usually ahead of offenses to start the year, I think the Jets' offense hanging 40 points on the BiIls' defense is a stretch.  I think it will a Bills' win by two scores.

We'll see soon enough.  So glad football is back!

You mean the Bills defense that gave up 350 passing yards to a running back in practice last week?

It's not 2019 anymore.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The Bills clinched one of the AFC Wild Cards in week 15 after beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh on SNF.  Weeks 16 and 17 were meaningless games for the BIlls.  I don't think that counts as "just squeaked in".

Jets
Giants
Bengals
Titans
Dolphins
Redskins
Dolphins
Broncos
Cowboys
Steelers

Those are your 10 wins from last year.  You know, many Jets fans say that we "suck" because the only games we won last year were against scrubs, they're really down on us because we didn't beat good teams.  Hmm.

Fun Fact:  If the Jets were as healthy as the Bills last year and if the Jets don't lose Darnold to mono for a month, we get 3 wins against the Bills, Dolphins, and Bengals and we take your playoff spot.  The difference between the Jets and the Bills is mono and a bunch of soft tissue.  The Bills are the Jets in blue uniforms and we have the better quarterback.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

1998 the Jets clinched the division in Buffalo and the Bills with a win could have made the playoffs themselves if things broke right at the time.

The Bills haven't won a playoff game since 1995 and this is the franchise you're worried about?  LOL, we beat them twice last year.  This Bills fear the stupid media has got you all panicked about is pretty funny.

SAR I

We beat them 3 times last year.  Or maybe 4.  I lost count.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You mean the Bills defense that gave up 350 passing yards to a running back in practice last week?

It's not 2019 anymore.

SAR I

No, that's not the defense I mean. The Bills starting offense played our back up defense and vice versa in that training camp scrimmage.  The Bills will return one of the best defenses in the NFL and should be even better this year.  If you want to downplay the Bills' defense...... ok.

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Jets
Giants
Bengals
Titans
Dolphins
Redskins
Dolphins
Broncos
Cowboys
Steelers

Those are your 10 wins from last year.  You know, many Jets fans say that we "suck" because the only games we won last year were against scrubs, they're really down on us because we didn't beat good teams.  Hmm.

Fun Fact:  If the Jets were as healthy as the Bills last year and if the Jets don't lose Darnold to mono for a month, we get 3 wins against the Bills, Dolphins, and Bengals and we take your playoff spot.  The difference between the Jets and the Bills is mono and a bunch of soft tissue.  The Bills are the Jets in blue uniforms and we have the better quarterback.

SAR I

Hey SAR,

You can only beat the teams that are on the schedule.  The Bills did that and would have won 11 games if we hadn't rested all of our starters versus the Jets in a meaningless Week 17 game.  The Jets did have some bad luck with Darnold getting mono, but mono or no mono, I don't think the 2019 Jets walk into Dallas on Thanksgiving Day and thrash the Cowboys, beat the TItans in Nashville, or mosey into Heinz Field on SNF and beat the Steelers.  The Bills beat the teams they were supposed to and had some quality wins against good teams.

I appreciate that you are sticking up for your team.  I'm a long suffering Bills' fan and I respect that, but injuries are a part of the game, roster depth is a part of the game, and the Bills winning 10/11 games is a great season in the NFL no matter how you try to spin it.

The Jets are in the middle of a rebuild right now.  I think this season is going to be rough for them but I think Joe Douglas will right the ship quickly.  I'm standing by my prediction of the Bills winning by two scores next Sunday. 

[EDIT]  And Douglas needs to fire Gase.

I’m expecting a very ugly game, with no pre-season. Bills 27 - Jets 9.

The Jets play two of the Best D-Lines in football, first two weeks. It’s going to be a sh*t fest. I expect a fan base meltdown and realisation this years going to be another terrible season. On a bright note it will be Gase’s last.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I’m expecting a very ugly game, with no pre-season. Bills 27 - Jets 9.

The Jets play two of the Best D-Lines in football, first two weeks. It’s going to be a sh*t fest. I expect a fan base meltdown and realisation this years going to be another terrible season. On a bright note it will be Gase’s last.

As a Bills fan I usually cheer another AFCE team's troubles, but even I want the Jets to fire Gase.   What a jerk.

• Upvote 1

The Bills will return one of the best defenses in the NFL and should be even better this year.  If you want to downplay the Bills' defense...... ok.

The problem with the Bills is that they're returning as-is from last year.  Which means the team you've already proven can't beat winning teams is coming back unimproved.  The Jets, different story, half our team was injured and is either coming back or has been upgraded.  We've seen the Bills ceiling.  We haven't seen the Jets ceiling.  Not even close.

You can only beat the teams that are on the schedule. 

Patriots
Eagles
Browns
Ravens
Patriots
Jets

They were on your schedule too, would have been nice if you had a signature win in those 4 playoff-team contests.

Look, I'm a Jets fan.  I know what it means to be a league joke and turn the corner and become a contender because I've seen it twice since you last won a playoff game.  In '97 and '98 we started beating winning teams and playoff teams.  In '09 and '10, same thing.  Step 1 is taking care of business against the scrubs.  The Bills are good at that.  Step 2 is consistently beating the good teams.  In 2019 the Bills were 1-4 against winning teams and that's not good enough. 

And you were perfectly healthy.  And you had a returning coaching staff.  While the Jets were perfectly injured.  And we had a brand new staff.

The difference between the Bills and Jets last year was health.  The hype train you are riding is unfounded.  The only decent team Josh Allen has ever beaten is the Titans, he's got some magic over them.  Otherwise, your "magnificent 2019 playoff season" smells just like the Jets 6-2 finish.  We too can take care of the scrubs.  But we may be able to beat the elites too.  Not so the Bills.  We've seen your ceiling and you've done nothing in the offseason to get you to the next level.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The problem with the Bills is that they're returning as-is from last year.  Which means the team you've already proven can't beat winning teams is coming back unimproved.  The Jets, different story, half our team was injured and is either coming back or has been upgraded.  We've seen the Bills ceiling.  We haven't seen the Jets ceiling.  Not even close.

Patriots
Eagles
Browns
Ravens
Patriots
Jets

They were on your schedule too, would have been nice if you had a signature win in those 4 playoff-team contests.

Look, I'm a Jets fan.  I know what it means to be a league joke and turn the corner and become a contender because I've seen it twice since you last won a playoff game.  In '97 and '98 we started beating winning teams and playoff teams.  In '09 and '10, same thing.  Step 1 is taking care of business against the scrubs.  The Bills are good at that.  Step 2 is consistently beating the good teams.  In 2019 the Bills were 1-4 against winning teams and that's not good enough. 

And you were perfectly healthy.  And you had a returning coaching staff.  While the Jets were perfectly injured.  And we had a brand new staff.

The difference between the Bills and Jets last year was health.  The hype train you are riding is unfounded.  The only decent team Josh Allen has ever beaten is the Titans, he's got some magic over them.  Otherwise, your "magnificent 2019 playoff season" smells just like the Jets 6-2 finish.  We too can take care of the scrubs.  But we may be able to beat the elites too.  Not so the Bills.  We've seen your ceiling and you've done nothing in the offseason to get you to the next level.

SAR I

We'll just have to agree to disagree to this one SAR.  I hope both our teams avoid the injury bug this year and may the best team win.  I'll come back here to take my lumps if the Bills lose next Sunday.  Cheers!

Inigo

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Jets
Giants
Bengals
Titans
Dolphins
Redskins
Dolphins
Broncos
Cowboys
Steelers

SAR I

@Inigo Montoya you picked the wrong dude to reply to when it comes to tagging on the Jets. SAR 1 is a die hard fan. Probably should have pointed your argument to @Mogglez or @bitonti

At least, right or wrong, they‘d agree with you. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Marckry said:

I’m a diehard Bills fan to start off.  So take anything I write with that Bias.  But here is objective I can be about the match-up

Jets offense vs Bills defense

Jets May have improved their talent level on the line, but continuity is biggest factor in good line play.  No offseason, no preseason will hurt the Jets in this game.  Can see limited holes for Bell, Gore and Perine.  Honestly I think Bell is done, the Bills know and respect Gore but he is old and slow.  Perine is still dinged up with ankle. I can’t see Darnold being able to get anything going in the deep and intermediate passing game.  Take the Jets lack of receiving talent, the Bulls superior secondary play force the Jets to base their passing offense to short throws to Crowder and Herndon.  To me that is not the pathway for a successful sustained offense.  Unless the Jets can get short field opportunities I don’t see them able to sustain drives and generate points.

Bills Offense Vs Jets defense

Have a lot of respect for Jets defensive line and feel this may be an advantage against Bills offensive line.  But the lack of pass rush and poor corner play leave them open to a wide and diverse passing attack by Buffalo, Diggs, Brown, Beasley outmatch anything the Jets have at corner.  I like your three safeties but your line backing is weak and even if your dline gets pressure can they really contain Allen on scrambles and broken plays.  If Grego does his big blitz scheme your corners won’t be able to hold up and will probably get scorched.  The only chance the Jets have is Singletary having ball security issues or bad Josh showing up.  Honestly to be in the game the Jets would need to be +3 in turnover differential 

Special Teams - With rookie Tyler Bass forget about any kickoff returns, every ball is going thru the end zone.  Bills special teams have excellent gunners in Neal and Jones, great punt returner in Andre Roberts (you remember him I think) and are only marginally weak at our punter.  But he kicks high and can be lace the ball fairly well.

Coaching Match-up - Adam Gase, is their anything else that needs to be written.

My biased prediction is Bills 34 Jets 10, Bills get up 24-3 at half, coast in 2nd, give up late who cares TD against Bills back-ups

At least you warned us of your bias.

9 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The Bills defense was second in the NFL last year in points allowed at 16.5 points per game.  Considering that defenses are usually ahead of offenses to start the year, I think the Jets' offense hanging 40 points on the BiIls' defense is a stretch.  I think it will a Bills' win by two scores.

We'll see soon enough.  So glad football is back!

Honest question, are you worried about your OLINE at all? I read one of your starters are on the IR. is Brian winters starting? 

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

The problem with the Bills is that they're returning as-is from last year.  Which means the team you've already proven can't beat winning teams is coming back unimproved.

This is the first time I've created an account on another team's message boards. I couldn't help but respond to this. Try taking a look at last year's Bills roster compared with this year's and see if you notice any big differences. Here's a hint to start you off - look at our receiving corps.

The Jets managed to get WORSE than they already were. Adams and Mosley were by far your best defensive players last year. And take it from me, adding Gore was a net negative. Admittedly he may be pretty decent in week 1 before his body has broken down. But by week 8 you will wish you had never signed him.

I get being a homer, but your posts in this thread are next level. The Jets barely beat our backups last year and I expect us to pick up right where we left off. It's still an NFL game so anything can happen. Maybe the ball bounces your way or our rookie kicker collapses. But I'm taking us 95 times out of 100 in this one.

It is absolutely painfully obvious Darnold doesnt have any weapons and in turn its destroyed him. I didnt see any growth from him or leadership today. 

I have been pro Gase and Darnold since last season, I'm officially done with Gase, and confidence in Darnold has been severely diminished (with embers of hope).

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

Optimists vs. pessimists?

Romantics vs. realists?

I'm not happy being right about this, but no way the Jets were winning.

That's fair. Maybe I should have listed that as 

A -  who not to take betting advice from. 

B -  who to take betting advice from. 

• Upvote 2