**** OFFICIAL JETS v VIKINGS RETURN TO GLORY GAME THREAD ****

Pac

12 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

what the actual f

As likely as not it's some combination of all of:

1. They still weren't likely to use Corley - or at best, unlikely to use him much - which just blows that he still can't supplant Gipson (and didn't Rodgers have him move in with him this summer to accelerate his growth?). jfc.

2. Martinez as an active QB3 is more valuable than the ~2 plays Corley might see (particularly since Corley doesn't play on specials either). If Martinez needs to step onto the field for a series, if Rodgers gets shaken up and then while he's being evaluated Taylor gets injured himself, then it doesn't preclude Rodgers (or Taylor) from returning to the field. But if he goes in as just an emergency QB3 not on the gameday roster, then I think using him at all means Rodgers/Taylor are both ineligible to return. Someone correct me if I don't have that right.

3. They may have a one or two play package for Martinez, which is one or two plays more than Corley's playing anyway. He has (or at his pro day he had) 4.55 speed to just run it if there's a lane, or toss it if someone's all alone on blown coverage to the side of the field he's looking/running/rolling to.

20 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

So I guess you won’t take my bet. It’s cool, I figured like everyone else you don’t  believe a thing you say either. Enjoy the game!  

The people would not be happy even if the small chance happens and I am not here for a few days.  I do not want to let them down.

This bet is easy for you.  No one would care if you're gone for days.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

So I am in San Sebastián Spain. Game is on 3:30 here and NO BAR will have it. They HATE American football.

I’m gonna go to a local bar with my IPAD and watch as I have the NFL Ticket.

GO JETS!!!!!!!!

That is crazy!  Glad you have a way to watch.  
Go Jets!!!

10 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

1. They still weren't likely to use Corley - or at best, unlikely to use him much - which just blows that he still can't supplant Gipson (and didn't Rodgers have him move in with him this summer to accelerate his growth?). jfc.

2. Martinez as an active QB3 is more valuable than the ~2 plays Corley might see (particularly since Corley doesn't play on specials either). If Martinez needs to step onto the field for a series, if Rodgers gets shaken up and then while he's being evaluated Taylor gets injured himself, then it doesn't preclude Rodgers (or Taylor) from returning to the field. But if he goes in as just an emergency QB3 not on the gameday roster, then I think using him at all means Rodgers/Taylor are both ineligible to return. Someone correct me if I don't have that right.

3. They may have a one or two play package for Martinez, which is one or two plays more than Corley's playing anyway. He has (or at his pro day he had) 4.55 speed to just run it if there's a lane, or toss it if someone's all alone on blown coverage to the side of the field he's looking/running/rolling to.

Rodgers notoriously hates rookies. Wilson has trouble doing what Rodgers expects. Corley is expendable because he has no idea what to do. Wasted pick until proven otherwise 

13 hours ago, Larz said:

Brunch menu 

pancakes. None of this just add water crap mix.  Old school 70s style with egg and milk and vegetable oil. Pan greased with butter, no spray. 

scrambled eggs with bits of breakfast sausage mixed in 

English muffins 

pile of breakfast sausage, always crispy 

coffee juice and blueberries 🫐 

have to leave around the start of the 3rd quarter otherwise it would be Irish coffee 

I just made a meatball omelette.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Gipson=Mims

12 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Corley looks like a miss. If this coaching/front office is replaced he’s probably fighting for a job next year in training camp. 

Scary how much the Jets hyped him up too. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I just made a meatball omelette.  

Two trays of lasagna just went into the oven

sone fresh Italian bread at the half and we are good

add in prosciutto roasted pork salami pepperoni various cheeses and prosciutto stuffed peppers and I am asleep by 1

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

So I am in San Sebastián Spain. Game is on 3:30 here and NO BAR will have it. They HATE American football.

I’m gonna go to a local bar with my IPAD and watch as I have the NFL Ticket.

GO JETS!!!!!!!!

Enjoy !! Donosti ( San Sebastián) is a Beautiful city, with great food !!!!!

We don´t hate American Football, it´s just not very known.

But there is a small but very passionate following, especially in bigger cities like Madrid or Barcelona.