NY Jets Forum

Talk about Robert Saleh, Joe Douglas & the NFL in our NY Jets message board.

114,358 topics in this forum

• 34 replies
  1. GAME DAY GUIDE..........

• 0 replies
  2. Booze sales on MNF?

• 6 replies
    • 10 replies
  3. RedZone Channel Week 1

• 5 replies
    • 11 replies
  4. VERNON GHOLSTON !!!! 1 2 3

• 87 replies
  5. Battery Park/Jets Bar

• 1 reply
    • 11 replies
    • 41 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 1 reply
  6. Lawrence Maroney inactive

• 4 replies
    • 32 replies
    • 65 replies
  7. Vincent Jackson

• 14 replies
    • 52 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 50 replies
  8. Mawae retires

• 20 replies
    • 6 replies
  9. Survivor League 1 2

• 37 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 9 replies
  10. Dolphins better?? 1 2 3 4 5

• 157 replies
    • 4 replies
  11. September 11, 2001

• 9 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 15 replies
  12. My man.....

• 4 replies
  13. Dennis Thurman 1 2

• 44 replies
    • Would be too tempting to call the Jets offense "The Central Park Joggers"
    • I gave backup QB a B. Tyrod is fine (when healthy he's an above average backup) but he's also injury prone. A Minshew type would have been an A, but between Tyrod and Travis (and really, just getting Zach the hell out of the building) we're in a much better spot. I think we did an awesome job improving the OL -- we're still relying on some older guys so I only gave it a B but adding Tyron Smith, Morgan Moses, and John Simpson and rafting Olu Fashano -- it's a legit overhaul. "If they stay healthy" is a huge caveat but we should be much better. With Fashanu I think depth is a bigger issue on the interior than at T but obviously you never know who gets injured. Corley and Williams look like big additions but we're probably still lacking depth at WR. Pretty simply Garrett Wilson cannot go down or we're in trouble. Hackett is awful so I said he's still a liability. Seems like he's being phased out and with a healthy Rodgers he shouldn't hurt us too much but I think he's the worst OC we've had in recent memory. I think the move to a power running game will be good for us.
    • I don't see how Tyrod can get anything other than an A.  As far as backup QBs go, he's one of the best.  You're not getting guys like Kirk Cousins to come in and back up your QB, nor are you drafting a kid in the 1st.  This was probably best case scenario. OL I'd give an A- simply because we are still lacking depth inside, but still time to resolve that.  You couldn't have addressed the OT position any better than we have.  Rock solid RT, one of the best LTs of the last decade and a high-end prospect brought in behind him.  Warren and Mitchell both give you decent depth outside of those guys.  I can live with Max as OT #5, and IMO he still has enough upside to get one more year.  Warren looked pretty damn good last year.  So good in fact that I was fine with him as our primary LT backup going into the draft(Bowers boy, yes).   Weapons are good.  Nothing crazy exciting(JJ, Higgins, Aiyuk), but Williams on paper is a high-end #2 and Corley projects as the perfect slot WR for this team.  After that, Lazard and Gipson look 1000x better as WR 4 and 5 instead of 2 and 3.  Even if those guys have to bounce up a spot because Williams gets injured, we are still in better shape than we were last year when Davis retired.     I like the strategy at RB actually.  Take two kids you really like in the hopes that one of them is ready to step up day one and take that RB2 spot.  I'm sure we'll bring in a veteran, but it'll be a cheap guy who probably ends up on the practice squad.  With this strategy, whoever the best RB ends up being is the guy who plays.  You're not forced to play your $8M RB as RB2 because he's getting paid like it.  Everything has to be earned.   Hackett is Hackett.  He'll never be an asset, so the hope is that Rodgers stays healthy and is the defacto OC.  If he goes down there could be a struggle to get our footing, but I think we have enough talent to figure it out and right the ship.  Last year we had the worst QB in the league, zero weapons outside of Garrett, and an OL in absolute shambles.  None of those should be the case this year, regardless of how things play out(if I just jinxed myself I stg...)   One thing I'm predicting next year is the coming out party for Ruckert.  The only reason I didn't want to draft Bowers was because it would prevent Ruckert from ever being a dual threat.  Now that he's not being blocked, I could see him really blossoming as a two-way TE and an actual weapon in this offense.  
  • Available Subscriptions