NY Jets Forum

Talk about Robert Saleh, Joe Douglas & the NFL in our NY Jets message board.

114,304 topics in this forum

• 14 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 27 replies
  1. The RB Logjam

• 13 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 22 replies
  2. A Great Gift

• 8 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 46 replies
    • 57 replies
    • 18 replies
  3. 18 game season

• 28 replies
    • 0 replies
  4. Imagine if....

• 6 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 39 replies
  5. Question on buying PSLs

• 13 replies
    • 39 replies
    • 41 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 25 replies
  6. Kerry Rhodes

• 20 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 52 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 29 replies
    • 124 replies
    • 66 replies
    • 54 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 37 replies
    • 22 replies
  7. Revis vs Willis

• 28 replies
    • Pirates have peg legs this kid has a broken leg. Coincidence? I think not!
    • I thought our approach to the middle of the draft was weird. I wasn't happy with turning three 4th rounders into one 4th rounder and some later picks, although the future 3rd is good. There was a lot of talent in that 4th to 5th round range, and a lot of guys I thought could have helped us went to other teams. Those rounds are for adding quality athletes with starting potential, and we traded away chances to add quality additional guys on the OL and DL. I'm quite happy with the guys we got - especially Fashanu, Corley, Allen, Travis and Stiggers - but it could have been even better if we'd added, say, Bortolini on the OL and Kamara on the DL. JD seems to have done a good job early in the draft, but his mid round approach was odd. Still, the promising UDFA additions of draftable grade players do help placate me a bit over the mid-round maneuvering.
    • State of the jets: Personnel: on paper as good as any team the jets have ever put on the field. Front Office: After a terrible offseason in 2023, JD has done a great in 2024. I’ve had issues with some of his past decisions, but he does seem to learn from his mistakes. For example, he didn’t draft a big mauling OT highest ceiling OT round 1. Instead he took the surest bet who has done the best on the field (the triston wirfs lesson). And he took a large school, longtime starter developmental QB who has a shot at being a decent starting QB and a better shot at being a ling term #2. The bottom line is that despite past mistakes, JD looks like he gets it. We paid the price for his on the job learning. Hopefully now we can reap the benefits of his lessons. Coaching -  D coaches snd ST coaches are quality. The offensive staff especially OC and O line coach are garbage, and a case could be made that along with the QB coach, those are 3 of the most important position coaches. I suspect that JD will listen if Tyron Smith has complaints about his position coach. Hopefully AR8 will overcome Havkett’s limitations as a play caller. HC? What can I say? Other than pithy slogans, he has yet to show he has the tools to succeed as a HC. Unless he spent the offseason doing a deep dive on the offensive side of the football and game management theory, any success the 2024 Jets have will be despite him, not because of him. As the great Meatloaf once proclaimed, 2 out of 3 ain’t bad.
  • Available Subscriptions