**** OFFICIAL AFCE 1st PLACE JETS v BILLS GAME THREAD ****

Pac

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You won't feel that way when you see some of the names @Sperm Edwards throws in the top 500 above you.  

He PM'd me the list.  The following are on it:

Also @Pac.

Where am I ranked, low 490s?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Because the patriots and Steelers for years needed a dome

dude it’s football

stop being soft 

I actually thought about you yesterday, when Hutchinson’s leg was broken like a pretzel.  

P.S.  Jokes aside.  That was awful for Hutch, the Lions, the league, Lions fans, fans of other teams… everyone really.  Sucks.

• Upvote 1

Sabo

Two quick things … 

1. Man, it’s windy here. How that impacts the start of this game for the #Jets, offensively, is something of note. How aggressive is McDermott coming out, and how intent are Ulbrich/Downing to pound the rock? If they do pound it, I’m thinking a heavy dose of zone concepts. We all know Aaron Rodgers isn’t one to fear inclement weather (Lambeau Field and all), but at his age, this wind isn’t welcomed. 

2. Now this is the Jets I know: The end zone concept, the Parcells-era logo with the modern brighter green color, and the uniforms. I’m still flabbergasted that any fan could want to move on from these. 

I respect the hell out of teams like Green Bay, Pitt, Dallas, KC, Indy, etc. for never changing their main uniform design. Who else am I missing here? Chicago, for sure. I think SF tinkered a bit too much at some points to qualify. The Raiders for sure count. Cleveland is close. Detroit is also close but probably in the SF category

• Upvote 1

Sabo

I wouldn’t be stunned to see Breece Hall go nuts tonight. All the ingredients are there for him to explode:

—Zone concepts (just a hunch).
—A more laid back defense (BUF).
—Incredibly windy.
—This OL, with the talent it has, and with Moses back, will gel very soon.

Why have the #Jets played decently-well against Buffalo in the Robert Saleh era? Sean McDermott is not an aggressive defensive mind, and that has always matched up nicely for the Jets offense. 

As much as you’d like to see the Jets offense come out with an uptempo feel, perhaps spreading it out a bit and looking for downfield chunks, this isn’t the perfect night (BUF’s relaxed D, the wind, etc.). 

🚨That’s not to say they can’t go uptempo, spread it out a bit, and run the ball a healthy dose out of spread-gun looks. And based on the tape this season, if I’m Downing, against BUF, I’m thinking 11 pers gun to start the game, while allowing Rodgers to dictate the tempo, and allowing Rodgers to decide pre-snap, trying to maintain a balanced mindset between run-pass. I’m not loving my TE room, and I trust the talent on my OL to win (without extra bodies mucking it up).